Discussion Thread -- APRIL 2022 75 Word Writing Challenge

Christine Wheelwright: In this unusually realistic account of space exploration the reader learns the importance of small gestures.

Peter V: The dark humor of this sharp-edged tale reveals how vital it is to consider all details.

Guttersnipe: There is much food for thought to be found in this ambiguous story of extraordinary technology.

Justin Swanton: The power of a single individual's decision appears in this tale of armed conflict.

Aknot: The author's ability to create a completely inhuman character to whom one can relate is the greatest strength of this work.

Iwroteathing: In this all-too-realistic slice of life profound cultural issues meet with the daily challenges of mundane existence.

Le Panda du Mal: The difficult task of drawing a reader into a world of pure surrealism is stylishly achieved in this unique narrative.

sule: The thin line between imagination and reality is portrayed with subtle wit in this story-within-story.

THX1138: This dystopian tale offers a chilling vision of the possible future of economics.

Bren G: The way in which the author brings the present into the future creates an intriguing situation in this open-ended work.

AnRoinnUltra: A sly, satiric look at media can be found in this witty tale of one who wound up in a situation that was formerly dismissed.

Ian Fortytwo: The mysterious nature of the narrator of this apocalyptic story raises many questions in the reader's mind.

@sule .... The Death of Blue Falcon .... There is no pressure like deadlines to make a death difficult.

@THX1138 .... The Repo .... Here's a story to give the repo man even a lower rung on the ladder to hold on to.

@AnRoinnUltra .... George Snuffelbuff and the Gomblecast .... When the lights are on the pressure can be too much.

@Ian Fortytwo ... Pressure, what pressure .... Like a good SF story the fate or the world is at stake, so why would you feel pressure?

@BigJ .... The Façade of Regal Grace and Temperance .... It is very important to have a relief valve and someone who will turn it.

@Mon0Zer0 .... Yours, Horrified of R’lyeh .... Be sure to treat the King better than any other customer or there will be a price to be paid.

@Starbeast .... Project: Inner Pressure .... Makes me want to know if there is anyone left.

Not any more. ;)

Screenshot 2022-04-12 2.47.12 PM.png

@M. Robert Gibson .... Captain Picatan, 42 EOD Regiment, Space Corps .... Sometimes too much pressure leads to too little action with firey consequences.

@Hugh .... “Seconds To Live” .... This is an hilarious Deus ex machina. Talk about a relief valve.

@Swank .... Cabin Pressure .... Here's a story where too much pressure leads to too little with an interestingly turned phrase at the end.

@BT Jones .... History’s Biggest Tech Disasters, No. 7 - The Kompressor .... Sometimes what sounds like a really good idea, most assuredly is not a good idea.

@paranoid marvin ... The Power of Persuasion .... Sometimes you lose the argument and your not sure how it came to be, but in hindsight it's laughable.

I got a story in! I wasn't sure I was going to make it this month. It was a rather busy past few weeks, considering we took a two week vacation to Florida with a destination wedding for my daughter in the middle of it at St Pete. Wild and crazy and wonderful time. But back to the real world where it's currently snowing in Pennsylvania.

Back