Soulsboring

Draven Vertigo

Aspiring writer.
Wish I could get into soulsborne. It's not the difficulty that makes me put these games down, but the vague story arcs and lack of where are you supposed to go? Getting lost leads to boredom, boredom Leads to imma play something Else cuz this sh*t is boring. ‍♂️

Last edited:
I absolutely love Soulsborne games, but I totally see where you're coming from.

I played and gave up on DS1, 2 and Bloodborne. It was playing DS3 that made everything click.

These games are more famous for the boss battles and combat mechanics than as puzzle games. Once you know where to go, they get a lot more fun. Unfortunately, for people who don't wanna spend hours wandering around aimlessly, the fastest way to get to the next boss is to use Google. Sometimes, though, reading the descriptions of key items can help point the way.

I'm currently playing Elden Ring and I'm having the most fun ever playing a Fromsoft game. I keep trying to do the main quest, but keep getting side-tracked by optional dungeons. It's easier than the Dark Souls games, but then again, I did beat DS3+DLC without levelling up my character, so my skill set has gone up a little bit.

For anyone interested in getting into Fromsoft Soul and soulslike games, start at DS3. Definitely do not start at DS2.

I did beat DS3+DLC without levelling up my character, so my skill set has gone up a little bit.

Seriously?? Wow. I've played the original Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne and now Elden Ring. Haven't finished any of them. I love the Soulsborne games but I'm absolutely rubbish at them :LOL: I think Elden Ring is magnificent, early GOTY contender. It does tell you where to go, too, if you want to risk that without exploring.

@Bugg Yeah, but I did try a few years previously and failed. I started against from scratch last year and finally did it.

Wish I could get into soulsborne. It's not the difficulty that makes me put these games down, but the vague story arcs and lack of where are you supposed to go? Getting lost leads to boredom, boredom Leads to imma play something Else cuz this sh*t is boring. ‍♂️
I have 1000/1000 Dark Souls 1-3, Sekiro and Elden Ring.

All have what is called a confluent narrative style that is atypical in games. You are supposed to piece the story together by reading and listening as you go along. Every enemy and mechanic has a narrative reason for existing.

If you don't like those games then jsut don't play them. These games are titanic in quality. I won't insult you for not understanding them.

Back