DISCUSSION THREAD -- MARCH 2022 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

Well done @Luiglin . I always feel smug when I pick the winner. Or perhaps I just know genius when I see it ;)

And a big thanks to @mosaix @Abernovo @worldofmutes for the unexpected votes

And more thanks for all the mentions

And thanks for the reviews @Parson and @Victoria Silverwolf

And thanks to everyone for all the entries.

As an added bonus, can anyone guess, without looking it up, what day of the week is the date 2222-03-18?

What letter brought you my entry?

Well, I hope it's Mars-day, otherwise known as Tuesday.

From the Online Etymology Dictionary:

Tuesday (n.) third day of the week, Old English tiwesdæg, from Tiwes, genitive of Tiw "Tiu," from Proto-Germanic *Tiwaz "god of the sky," the original supreme deity of ancient Germanic mythology, differentiated specifically as Tiu, ancient Germanic god of war​
The day name is a translation of Latin dies Martis (source of Italian martedi, French Mardi) "Day of Mars," from the Roman god of war, who was identified with Germanic Tiw​

It depends how you envisage the pitchforks being used? If it is as part of a mob hunting down some noble vampire, electrically challenged monster or hairy beast with lunar issues, then they'd probably accept. If it's more along the lines of gathering hay then possibly not, unless the hay hid escaped miscreants they could poke.

I've finally found my mob, and I'm sure your Orcs will never know the difference between SSF Members and monsters of any sort, both being very similar - except Judge of course, that goes without saying.

I'll keep your rough looking crew waiting for a new thread Luiglin and appropriate moment, or feable excuse if I'm bored. I promise to return to keeper when done.

Things are looking up, as Bowler1 moves on.

Well, I hope it's Mars-day, otherwise known as Tuesday.

From the Online Etymology Dictionary:

Tuesday (n.) third day of the week, Old English tiwesdæg, from Tiwes, genitive of Tiw "Tiu," from Proto-Germanic *Tiwaz "god of the sky," the original supreme deity of ancient Germanic mythology, differentiated specifically as Tiu, ancient Germanic god of warThe day name is a translation of Latin dies Martis (source of Italian martedi, French Mardi) "Day of Mars," from the Roman god of war, who was identified with Germanic Tiw
Also note the old French(Gallic) god of war Teutates, who was often invoked by the Gauls in real life apparently in Roman times and in Asterix books recently. Usually written "Par Toutatis' in the French versions. I can't remember how it was spelt in the English versions.

Congratulations Luiglin
@Luiglin

Marvelous THANK YOU to our reviewers @Victoria Silverwolf & @Parson
Ginormous THANK YOU @Artoriarius for the vote​
Thank you for the mention. Much appreciated.
Shortlist -
Starbeast
Thanks for the mention. You made my day.
Many, many thanks for the vote, Starbeast. :):)
You're very welcome. Your tail tale stood out among the rest. Using "March" as a name of a place was great along with your story.

My Story: I thought by using "March" as a name of a detective would be a good idea. Not an ordinary detective, because he didn't drink and he hunted monsters. The proof was in the pudding, I mean the ice box cooler, when March showed the severed head of a vampire in it to the skeptical soda jerk.

I can't remember how it was spelt in the English versions
The same, by Toutatis!
asterixbytoutatis2.png

Well done Luiglin! Where will the Dark Lord be taking us in April I wonder? (Have we ever had 'Evil Overlord' as a genre before?)

As Orcs are handy with pitchforks, we could have a farm implements theme for April? Note... it wasn't just pitchforks as a suggestion by me, sharp tools in general will do.

So, let me get this straight I need to submit my idea for a theme of "Sticky footed evil overlord with penchant for sharp farm implements, preferably pitchforks". How about genre? Nordic noir, spoetry, cli-fi, bangsian, mannerpunk?