Nope: Jordan Peele's Upcoming Sci-Fi Horror Film

Guttersnipe

mortal ally

This will be Peele's newest horror film, with a sci-fi, neo-Western twist. Apparently it involves a hostile alien invasion. Fans have theorized that Nope is an acronym for Not of Planet Earth. Like Get Out, there is a racial/social element as well. It looks terrifying and I am absolutely going to see it. Are you?

At 1:34 in the trailer we are given a glimpse of one of the aliens.

Interesting. I've been impressed with what I've seen of Jordan's work. (Including his comedy.)

Anybody else noticed the Akira reference?
4e31012522dd51565b9c5659b70321460c0cc2de.gifv

I was really looking forward to watching this movie, as I enjoyed Get Out and Us. But when I watched it , I was disappointed and confused, as I really wasn't sure what they movie was meant to be about. When I read up on Wikipedia later, I realised that the references had gone over my head, and so had stuff like the 'Akira' post above.

I was really looking forward to watching this movie, as I enjoyed Get Out and Us. But when I watched it , I was disappointed and confused, as I really wasn't sure what they movie was meant to be about. When I read up on Wikipedia later, I realised that the references had gone over my head, and so had stuff like the 'Akira' post above.
I felt the same; I didn't enjoy this film nearly as much as his other films. I'm of the "Us is better than Get Out" camp, but I still think Get Out was a pretty amazing foray into horror.

Is it just me, or did the chimp situation seem like a really interesting idea for a full film of its own?

I enjoyed Get Out, didn't really enjoy Us and then really enjoyed Nope. There were some clever themes and ideas.

I have seen people compare Peele to Carpenter - which in my opinion is total hubris, but I think Nope is a really good film with some phenomenal visuals and a nice twist.

I enjoyed Get Out, didn't really enjoy Us and then really enjoyed Nope. There were some clever themes and ideas.

I have seen people compare Peele to Carpenter - which in my opinion is total hubris, but I think Nope is a really good film with some phenomenal visuals and a nice twist.

Having read up on Wiki having watched it, it appears that Nope is more themes, references and homages than it is an actual story in itself. For me, Nope just wasn't enjoyable as a movie, which has to be its primary purpose. It feels a little like a Tarantino movie, with several storylines working together, but whilst the likes of Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs ended up with all the pieces of the jigsaw fitting nicely together, this one feels... incomplete.