I'm finally publishing my novel "Immortelle".

And time for the big reveal. Chapter 21 - 22 now up. Anyone guess it?

Chapter 29 - 30 and approaching the big climax. Can anyone guess how things will resolve? I can't offer a pacific island for this one as the piece of volcanic rock I had in mind has apparently sunk back into the ocean. Some days are like that.

Class, am only on 26 but looking forward to it -love the on the fly calculations. I've never seen that done before, it stands out as a distinctive writing style. Good luck with the Amazon thing, I think it's straightforward but I don't have much patience for that sort of stuff either (spent two hours last year trying to load my audio book into Audible only to have it listed as 'Legends of Munster rugby', am still working up the enthusiasm to try again;)
Immortelle deserves a big profile, wonder would the hard science be an angle?
Thanks again for the story

Class, am only on 26 but looking forward to it -love the on the fly calculations. I've never seen that done before, it stands out as a distinctive writing style. Good luck with the Amazon thing, I think it's straightforward but I don't have much patience for that sort of stuff either (spent two hours last year trying to load my audio book into Audible only to have it listed as 'Legends of Munster rugby', am still working up the enthusiasm to try again;)
Immortelle deserves a big profile, wonder would the hard science be an angle?
Thanks again for the story
"Legends of Munster rugby" - sounds interesting enough to dip into.

Some of you may remember it from ages back when I was submitting chapters in the critique section. I finally polished the thing and then submitted to every SF lit agency I could find, with predictable results. Then I forgot about it for a year or two, and finally decided that, heck, I'd put so much effort into it I might as well self-pub it for anyone interested.

I'll be posting a couple of chapters every few days on my website and the whole thing on Amazon (once my confirmation postcard arrives). There's a blog on the website so feel free to critique the novel if you have time on your hands and nothing else to do for the moment. I wanted the science to be rock hard and I challenge anyone to pick holes in it. The story is meant to be completely believable (at least the human space tech part). If anything doesn't gel I need to know!

And here's the blurb:

This was meant to be nothing more out of the ordinary than humanity's first manned mission to Mars. Almost routine. Just a heap of AV publicity and some words learnt by heart when I put my boot on Martian dirt.

That was a thousand lifetimes ago. They're dead. I'll be dead soon. Then everyone else will die. Cloe tells me to hope but I don't work on hope. I work on probabilities, and the one hope we have left, what can it do against twenty miles of rock?

Set in the near future, Immortelle follows the crew of the Terra Nova in their increasingly desperate attempts to save themselves and the human race from a massive rogue asteroid that will destroy all life on Earth.

Sounds very exciting. Well done. I just 'love' the book cover

Back