Chronscast Season 1 Episode 2 - Klara And The Sun with Jo Zebedee

Incidentally for anyone interested in the above, and how your buying choices affect authors (it can be very nuanced) this article gives a good overview:

In my own defence, I've never bought a novel from a supermarket before (and I do my best to avoid buying from Amazon), and it was very much a spur of the moment decision as it caught my eye when we were queuing to pay. I've seen KatS in bookshops and not bothered with it as I rather suspect it's not one for me, so undoubtedly had I not picked it up then, I would never have picked it up at all. So not an optimum sale for the author, but presumably still better than no sale at all, as it is an extra sale for his figures, if that's relevant, and more importantly if I'm wrong and I do enjoy it, then I might look out more of his work at a bookshop in future.

In my own defence, it was an impulse buy. In the same way, would you blame children asking for candy displayed at the checkout?

I've enjoyed it. It is told it a very similar style to Never Let me Go with that same first person perspective.

I'll try to buy my next book from a bookstore. I promise!

Ach ignore grumpy me :) - it’s what supermarkets are good at, and I buy plenty of various goods from them, although less than I used to since I saw the stats on where my spend goes.

Back