Michael Lee Aday - Meat Loaf

I saw him at Birmingham NEC in the early '80's. You really do need a "stage presence" if you are that far away from the audience. I remember it was a good show but I'm loath to go to big stadium concerts now. You can't beat getting to the front of the stage with a performer.

Isn't Bat Out of Hell still a record holding album for sales? Credit goes to Jim Steinman too, for that. Meatloaf had been around for years before Bat Out of Hell, but Jim Steinman can't sing like Meatloaf.

He acted in several films too. He's great in The Rocky Horror Show.

One thing I've learned from today's obits is that he was bizarrely a Hartlepool United fan

One of the reasons being because "the people of Hartlepool had hanged a monkey thinking he was a Frenchman"

In his day, what a voice. Saw him live when he was at his peak and wow, what a performer. And so begins 2022.

I was never a fan of Steinman’s music but Meatloaf had the perfect voice for that particular form of rock bombast. He was a great talent.

I saw him at Birmingham NEC in the early '80's. You really do need a "stage presence" if you are that far away from the audience. I remember it was a good show but I'm loath to go to big stadium concerts now. You can't beat getting to the front of the stage with a performer.

Isn't Bat Out of Hell still a record holding album for sales? Credit goes to Jim Steinman too, for that. Meatloaf had been around for years before Bat Out of Hell, but Jim Steinman can't sing like Meatloaf.

He acted in several films too. He's great in The Rocky Horror Show.
He is also an extra in The Blues Brothers. One of the crowd protesting against the Illinois Nazis on the bridge. Too many late nights spent watching that film as an undergraduate.

Never really appreciated his music, (but i never had any objection to it being played), a bona fide rock legend.

RIP Meatloaf.