(Found) Urban Fantasy....Angel becomes a hunchback dwarf

Danny McG

"Uroshnor!"
I read this book maybe ten years ago, a hardback from a used book shop. I can't recall anything about the cover. I did get the impression that the book was set in the late 1980s but I'm not sure.

There's an angel who messes up somehow (I really can't remember what he did) and thus he gets a bit of Divine punishment.
He's born and grows up in the UK as a hunchback dwarf and works in Brighton.
I think but not sure that he's a private detective. I can't remember much of the story after that.

One scene that I do remember is he's walking along the beach and a few teenagers mug him, they take his money and beat him up. He walks away crying - not just from the beating up but from shame because they were a bunch of schoolgirls.

I've looked through the Book Search hints but nothing comes to mind.

Anyone recognise this story?

Did some searching without much success, though I did find this list of books set in Brighton:

I was somewhat surprised by how many fallen angel private eye books are out there - something for everyone I guess.

Did some searching without much success, though I did find this list of books set in Brighton:

I was somewhat surprised by how many fallen angel private eye books are out there - something for everyone I guess.
I regret not being able to help with the story, but saved this link and immediately searched it for the only SF story I've read that is distinctly in a Brighton beach setting, "England Underway" by Terry Bisson.
(It didn't include this short story.)
Unfortunately not even close to this story, but a charming story with such apt descriptions of the boardwalk and shops that I started looking online out of curiosity whether Terry Bisson was using actual beachfront shops for his settings.