What Was the Last Television Episode You Watched?

Inside No.9

The latest two episodes of Series 8: Paraskevidekatriaphobia and Love Is a Stranger. Both brilliant stories with some fantastic dialogue and really inventive ideas; all the way up to the ending, when both finish off quite disappointingly. It's as though they came up with some brilliant ideas (which they did) but just couldn't find a decent way of rounding them off. A shame really as the ending (usually with a twist) is really what matters in these type of programmes.

THE AVENGERS - A Surfeit of H20 -- A wine company is the cover for a scheme to test a rain-making device to be sold as a weapon to the highest bidder.

MANNIX- Falling Star - Mannix is hired to protect a movie star seeking a comeback. Has a revelation of someone trying to murder someone because they were told they have only two months to live. The highlight really is that Mannix gets into two fights.

CANNON "That's No Lady." A defense attorney is almost killed by a car bomb and Frank has to babysit her clients while finding out who is behind the murder attempts. He also is forced to inspect a fridge for something to drink while passing the time and strongly disapproves of their canned beer. It cost 10 cents to use a pay phone in 1972.

Re: Mannix
He gets beaten up as usual in the episode, and later he is talking to his boss and asks what the other agents came up with and Wickersham says the agent "didnt have a clear view but he thinks someone got a beating in the garden."

And before taking a drink of water, a sardonic Mannix says: "I had a clear view."

Does Eurovision count? It's the only mainstream broadcast TV I watch all year now that I've given up the Royal Institute Christmas Lectures after they became undistinguishable from any 50 minutes of Ceebeebies.

I love Eurovision. Finland were robbed!

Yes, there seemed to be quite a disparity between the jury vote and the public; but that's what a large part of what Eurovision is all about.

Tbh I don't think I've ever watched the acts perform, I always tune in for the vote announcement.

Very odd jury announcement from Iceland.

I see people are now saying it was fixed so Sweden get to host it on the 50 th anniversary of ABBA's win.

An episode of Beauty and the Beast

it was series that run from 1987 to 1990 for a total of 56 episodes staring Ron Perlman , Linda Hamilton and Roy Dotirce.

I see people are now saying it was fixed so Sweden get to host it on the 50 th anniversary of ABBA's win.
I know this has nothing to do with the topic, however I was wondering if you ever dealt with your 'impaling fetish' and if you still harbour resentment over the use of your history in Stoker's novel?

I watched an episode of Dark and The Sinner. Both are quite good, however the former is amazing.

THE WILD WILD WEST - The Night of the Falcon -- Robert Duvall builds a fancy falcon-shaped canon that can destroy an entire town. Strange to see him in a show like this as a goofy mad villain.

THE ADVENTURES OF HUCK FINN - The Terrible Tempered Khaleef -- Cute kids show to revisit.

DIAGNOSIS MURDER Shanda's Song - A famous singer is targeted by a fan with threatening letters. But is it really what it appears to be? Of course not!

The Black Knight - dystopian sci-fi series on Netflix set in Seoul. Alongside No-Name (or my name, I forget), I'm impressed with the Korean stuff that is making it over.

THE ROCKFORD FILES The Big Rip-Off - The show is very entertaining but it feels too short. I think the stories have to be cut down to get it under 60 minutes.

More from 150 Episodes Classic Sci-Fi TV:

One episode ("Operation Moon Beam," 1959) of the infamous cartoon show Clutch Cargo (the only one in the set.) Very minimal animation, with the creepy effect of real human lips superimposed over the characters when they talk. Adventurer Clutch Cargo, with little kid Spinner and dog Paddlefoot, gets sent on the first flight to the Moon. Weirdly, his scruffy pal Swampy is already there, on a ship he made from junk. An evil carnival owner shows up also, wanting to capture the Moon's only inhabitant, a blue-skinned woman, to put on display. Not very good.

"The Case of the Cotton Kimona" (1954), a failed pilot for the proposed TV show The Shadow. Lamont Cranston and companion Margo Lane investigate a murder. Typical crime stuff, with invisibility.

Destination Space (1959): Made-for-TV movie (and maybe failed pilot) about the various problems facing a space station from which the first flight to the Moon is going to take place. Lots of stock footage from the theatrical film Conquest of Space (1955), changed from color to black-and-white, so decent special effects. Aims for realism. Not bad.

"The Return of Andrew Bentley" (1961), a single episode of the anthology series Thriller, hosted by Boris Karloff. Guy's uncle directs him to guard his tomb against the ghost of an evil sorcerer and his familiar demon. (So much for "sci-fi.") Gothic horror written by Richard Matheson, from a story by August Derleth and Mark Schorer. Not bad.

A single episode of the sitcom Johnny Jupiter (1953). The plot involves the goofy protagonist imitating a professor known for his philosophy that money is not important, when the guy refuses to make a speech without getting one thousand bucks. The sci-fi element is the fact that the protagonist is in contact with Johnny Jupiter (who is, indeed, from the giant planet) and his robots Major Domo and Reject. Those three characters are played by tiny hand puppets showing up on a "television screen" (just a rectangular hole) except when the clumsy Reject gets zapped to Earth, becomes a guy in a robot suit (wearing glasses!) and "helps" the protagonist. Frequently interrupted by the characters talking to the audience about M&M candies, which, apparently, you used to be able to buy by the scoop as well as in packages. Not exactly good, but odd enough to be worth a look.

"Stamp Day for Superman" (1954). Government promotional film (and, I guess, an episode of The Adventures of Superman) in which the Man of Steel saves Lois Lane, catches the crooks, and tells kids to purchase saving stamps (something like savings bonds for children) at school. Not very good or bad, but a mildly interesting look at something I don't think still exists.

We skipped a bunch of episodes of the "true" psychic experience series One Step Beyond (1959-1961) because we'd seen the whole thing before. Kind of like a sedate Twilight Zone.

Half of the episodes of the series Rocky Jones, Space Ranger (1954) that are in the set, and maybe we'll watch the others later. Heroic spaceman Rocky, comedy relief co-pilot Winky, navigator/translator Vena, little kid Bobby, and science guy Professor Newton have space opera adventures. Evil space queen Cleolantra shows up frequently as the antagonist. Not terrible for what it is.

The Phantom Empire (1935): Not TV, but an old movie serial. Singing cowboy Gene Autry, as himself, gets mixed up with some crooks, an underground civilization, and its evil queen. The combination is nutty enough to be of some interest. For nostalgia buffs.

Undersea KIngdom (1936): Naval Academy graduate/athlete Ray "Crash" Corrigan travels to Atlantis (which is, somehow, a completely dry land under the sea) with a kid, a spunky girl reporter, and a science guy. They get mixed up with the conflict between the evil king and the good high priest. Another old movie serial, very similar to the above without the Western stuff.

Six episodes of the series Tales of Tomorrow (1951-1953): Early live TV, and mostly adaptations of real SF stories by real SF writers. Not bad.

Four episodes of the series Lights Out (1946-1952): TV version of the old radio show.. More supernatural horror than SF, although one episode has SF elements. So-so.

There were also two episodes of the anthology series General Electric Theater (1953-1962), hosted by Ronald Reagan. We'd seen one before somehow ("Let It Rain" with Reagan himself, some kind of fantasy.) The other was "The Ballad of Mender McClure." A backwoods guy shares his turkey with Death (Vincent Price, looking like Colonel Sanders and really hamming it up.) In return, he gets a supply of a liquid that will cure dying folks, but only if Death is standing at the foot of the dying patient's bed and not the head of it. This seemed weirdly familiar to me, and I finally realized that it was very, very loosely based on "The Third Guest" by B. Traven. Differences: The story takes place in colonial Mexico, not the American backwoods; the protagonist is also visited by the Devil and Jesus Christ before he meets Death; and it's a serious story, not a comedy.

White Lotus - Episode 3, Season 2
I'm really enjoying this. I loved The Triangle of Sadness, which deals with a similar topic, but I'm finding this more subtle and nuanced, which needs the space of a series, rather than a film. Season 1 was great.

White Lotus - Episode 3, Season 2
I'm really enjoying this. I loved The Triangle of Sadness, which deals with a similar topic, but I'm finding this more subtle and nuanced, which needs the space of a series, rather than a film. Season 1 was great.
I'm a big fan of White Lotus. Love the music they made for it too. I enjoyed Triangle of Sadness aswell. Both funny and some really interesting scenes.

Jury Duty (2023) (first 3 episodes)

I thought the premise was interesting. It follows 12 Jurors on a case, but the case is fake and everyone involved is an actor, except for one juror who thinks he's a real Juror being filmed for a documentary about Jury Duty.

I ended up hating nearly everything about this. It feels like one of those cheap, generic, and fake reality TV shows. It tries way too hard to stuff it full of lame jokes giving it a silly tone. This seems to work for a lot of people, but for me, it completely misses the point of why its premise is interesting.

Everyone remains in character the whole time, even when the MC is not around. And many of the characters are over the top and unbelievable, makes me strongly suspicious that the MC was in on the whole thing, and the entire show is a scam.

THE INVADERS "Storm"- Once again, David VIncent almost buys it because he doesn't carry any weapon. Joseph Campanella is a priest being used by aliens to hide their scheme for manipulating the weather to cause hurricanes. Somehow he never noticed the big computer in the wall of the church.
MANNIX - "License to Kill-Limit Three People" Mannix seeks an escaped mental patient wanted for killing a cop and two others.

CANNON - "Stakeout " This was a really good episode. Frank is asked to watch over a bar as it has been hit by robberies a few times. While watching from behind a one way window, Mike Farrell leaves a table he is at with a girl, and attempts to rob the place. Frank stops him-but not before the girl jumps up and Farrell shoots her in the arm before escaping.
Frank tells her everything will be fine once she tells the police about the man.
"What man?" she says.
Her father, a bigwig private investigator with an international business (Patrick O'Neal) shows up and sweettalks Cannon with their shared histories as ex-cops. He tells Cannon that once he has some words with his daughter, everything should be fine. But when Frank talks to her next, she not only says there is no man--she now says that Frank shot her.
So Frank has to spend his time looking through mugshots in the hope of finding Farrell, even skipping meals to do it (something his police friend had to see for himself).
O'Neal begins threatening Cannon and the witnesses to keep them silent--since any scandal with his daughter would harm his business.
Finally, Cannon finds Farrell in a picture and his cop friend immediately picks up the phone---"Put out an APB!"

Frank also picks up the phone and barks into it:
"This is Frank Cannon. It is urgent. I want the number of the nearest delicatessen that delivers!"

SARGE "A Push Over the Edge" Vic Morrow guest stars as a cop associate of Sarge who is being driven crazy by a serial killer case. At times this feels like a 70s noir movie the way they show the night streets with Morrow cruising in search of the killer.

HARRY O "Second Sight" Stephanie Powers is a psychic and best-selling murder writer who predicts a murder before it happens. So perfect is her predictions the police begins to suspect she is involved. Trouble is, she's blind. But Harry learns that she has "hysterical blindness," which means she is technically not blind, but her mind blocks her from seeing due to a shock. Can Harry create another shock so she can see again? Take a guess.