What Was the Last Television Episode You Watched?

I picked up a copy of Doom Patrol season 1 for a tenner so I’m watching that at the moment. I’m three episodes in and I’m scratching my head wondering why it got such good reviews. Wacky, zany and incredibly funny, they said. Hmm. Maybe I’ve lost my sense of humour but I find it a bit lame. It’s the only DC series I’ve seen where everybody seems to be effing and blinding all the time.

Imagine a crossover with (say) The Flash
Flash: Oh, gosh, darn it, whatever will I do about this evil speedster from another reality…
Robot Man: Oh, for f*** sake, just kick his motherf****ing ass you pink leotarded f***ing p****!

It seems to me that profanity is being used as a crutch to cover up a number of problems and the main problem appears to be the scriptwriters trying too hard. Maybe that’s why it feels so forced.

I am now several episodes into Poker Face and it is unlike anything I've ever watched. Alternately I think it's a raunchy urban fantasy Charlie Cale (played by Natasha Lyonne) can tell if someone is lying every time but not why, and only if the person lying knows that they are lying. [She does say understanding if someone is being honest if they say they are "in love with someone" is "beyond her"] Or, I think its a unique twist on a mystery story with the twist being that the MC has to untangle why or in what way the people are lying.

It's format after the first episode has been that the first 20 minutes or so of the episode is spent showing the crime being considered and then carried out, and the last 20 minutes or so is spent with Charlie Cale trying to untangle the crime she's walked into by determining why someone is lying. The other unique thing is that Charlie Cale is on the run, living in her car, and trying hard to stay under the radar, but whose sense of morality (which doesn't include breaking the law, taking drugs, etc.) is unable to let a murder go unsolved.

Episode 4 "Rest in Metal" was about a very down and out Metal Band and Episode 5 "Time of the Monkey" has a setting in Nursing home. Both very unique and well done. And very much set in the lower realms of American affluence.

WARNING: This show is filled with the F bomb, near constant smoking and drinking with occasional graphic violence.

Terrafirma Part 1 and 2 Discovery . Great stuff .:cool:

The last ever Endeavour.
I won't give away the plot or the finale, but it was Great TV!
There were some nice Easter Eggs thrown in for people that had watched Morse, Lewis and Endeavour.
In the first ever episode of Endeavour, the title character see the maroon "Morse" Jag in a used car lot [ it is the actual car used in the Morse series ].
Sometime later he buys a black Jag and drive around in that.
Then in the last episode the Morse Jag drives passed him as he leaves in his Jag...
I finally got around to watching the last three episodes. It was beautifully made of course, but I'm not sure it was a good idea to have both the "crime of the week" and an ongoing story. In the last ep especially, both felt very rushed, partly because we had all the stuff with Thursday's family. I've come to the conclusion that detectives and police should have no home life whatever. And the plot conveniences! We're really meant to believe the boy who supposedly died years ago and whose apparent death was only now being investigated just happened to turn up under a new name and get killed for entirely unrelated reasons?

Also: what was with the gunshot in the churchyard at the end?

I am now several episodes into Poker Face and it is unlike anything I've ever watched. Alternately I think it's a raunchy urban fantasy Charlie Cale (played by Natasha Lyonne) can tell if someone is lying every time but not why, and only if the person lying knows that they are lying. [She does say understanding if someone is being honest if they say they are "in love with someone" is "beyond her"] Or, I think its a unique twist on a mystery story with the twist being that the MC has to untangle why or in what way the people are lying.

It's format after the first episode has been that the first 20 minutes or so of the episode is spent showing the crime being considered and then carried out, and the last 20 minutes or so is spent with Charlie Cale trying to untangle the crime she's walked into by determining why someone is lying. The other unique thing is that Charlie Cale is on the run, living in her car, and trying hard to stay under the radar, but whose sense of morality (which doesn't include breaking the law, taking drugs, etc.) is unable to let a murder go unsolved.

Episode 4 "Rest in Metal" was about a very down and out Metal Band and Episode 5 "Time of the Monkey" has a setting in Nursing home. Both very unique and well done. And very much set in the lower realms of American affluence.

WARNING: This show is filled with the F bomb, near constant smoking and drinking with occasional graphic violence.
I just started this also, looks like I am about an episode behind you. It's been a while since a watched a good "mystery of the week" show, and I am liking this one.

Usually, I don't like it so much when a series shows you the crime at the outset, and then you are just watching the protagonist pick up the pieces (e.g. Law and Order:Criminal Intent), but Poker Face puts an interesting spin on this, b/c Charlie herself is not in a position to arrest anyone, or even to report anything to authorities herself, so each episode there's the question not just of how she'll figure out the mystery, but what she'll actually be able to *do* about it. That plus great casting and script, so it's great fun to watch, IMO.

I just started this also, looks like I am about an episode behind you. It's been a while since a watched a good "mystery of the week" show, and I am liking this one.

Usually, I don't like it so much when a series shows you the crime at the outset, and then you are just watching the protagonist pick up the pieces (e.g. Law and Order:Criminal Intent), but Poker Face puts an interesting spin on this, b/c Charlie herself is not in a position to arrest anyone, or even to report anything to authorities herself, so each episode there's the question not just of how she'll figure out the mystery, but what she'll actually be able to *do* about it. That plus great casting and script, so it's great fun to watch, IMO.
I just finished episode 6 "Exit Stage Death" and this one just blows the formula of how this show works out of the water. (I won't say more or I might spoil it, But maybe we can discuss it later in spoilers or in the conversations.)

The second season of SNL, and its episode with. Jack Burns guest-hosting. A buddy of mine and I are working our way through the first five seasons, starting with number 2 because it's all we had at the time.

COLUMBO - Double Shock - Martin Landau as twins--this has to be in the top ten for me. The scenes between him and Mrs Peck are gold and the cooking scene is one of the best scenes in the whole series. Dabney Coleman made such a good partner for Columbo too. Premiered March 24 1973.

Season 2 of Star Wars. The Bad Batch. A terrific show just as good as season one. Highly recommended.

The Star Lost: Voyage of Discovery Episode 1.
For safety purposes, It is recommended that before you view any episode of this show, you should have you brain completely sucked out your head. Viewing any episode of this show beyond the opening credits could have fatal consequences, if so much as a particle of gray matter is present inside your cranium.

CANNON: "Cain's Mark" Frank is hired by the mother of an ex-con to help her son after he gets caught in the warehouse of her other son's castings business. Turns out that son (Bradford Dillman) is selling guns on the black market. Before the case is solved with the help of a blind man holding a live grenade, Frank ends up framed for assault and in jail (he asks about the food).

The first 4 or so episodes of The Night Agent on Netflix. Fun suspense thriller about a nefarious plot within the Whitehouse, which sweeps up the guy who mans the night shift on the emergency secret phone line in the WH basement, alongside a female computer hacker, as accidental heroes caught up in murky business.
Not exactly deep, but high-class low-rent TV if you are after something not too demanding or gritty.

Final episode of 'The Man in the High Castle'

Went into this episode fully expecting to walk away disappointed and annoyed at the cancellation of Season 5. But I ended up very glad that they didn't commission another 10 episodes, as the episodes simply aren't required. Yes, we are left wondering what the future may hold, but nothing that needed resolving isn't given a satisfactory conclusion (including a very 'tears in the rain' ending for one character!)

Will I go back to the series again in the future? Unlikely, but I am glad that I watched it (and now I really do need to get around to reading the novel).

Happy Valley season 3.
Dramatic excellence is simply a state of normality for this rivetting police drama.

The Star Lost: Voyage of Discovery Episode 1.
For safety purposes, It is recommended that before you view any episode of this show, you should have you brain completely sucked out your head. Viewing any episode of this show beyond the opening credits could have fatal consequences, if so much as a particle of gray matter is present inside your cranium.

Oh good luck with that. One of THE great awful SF TV shows. Out there somewhere in Youtubeland there is a recording of Harlan Ellison ( who created the show) at his vituperative best explaining how this excrible turd ever made it to the screen.

I'm curently watching Ulysses 31, a Franco-Japanese kids' animated show from the 1980's which, has some very odd imagery, and some of the weirdest music. The stories are crap but there's a genuine oddness about the thing that I find engrossing.

The third Halo episode and the first three episodes of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.

All were extremely enjoyable and i'd like to continue watching the series.