What Was the Last Television Episode You Watched?

We got some DVD's that are called Lost TV. Each volume (three in total) collects three failed pilots for American television series. The first volume:

Barefoot in the Park (1969): Based on the Neil Simon play of the same name. Very light romantic comedy about newlyweds. The plot of this episode: They buy a mattress. This pilot failed, as noted, but it later became a short-running series with an entirely different cast. (The newlyweds were changed from white to African-American.)

Octavius and Me (1962): Eccentric comedy about an older couple who wander around in their mobile home, which has all kinds of automated gadgets to produce slapstick effects. The pilot takes place in a trailer park. The plot: A handsome golf pro shows up and threatens to win the affections of a neglected young wife.

Joan of Arkansas (1958): Goofy sitcom in which a computer selects a dental technician as the "most average American" and thus the best person to send to the Moon. The plot is just the premise. Lots of shocked reactions from the science/government types that the computer selected a woman.

It's easy to see why these never became series.

Watched the first 3 episodes of Lupin on Netflix. Terrific inverted detective thriller, with the crook-as-hero.
Recommended , but watch in subtitled French rather than dubbed.

The second volume of Lost TV:

Mr. Kingston (1964): Peter Graves has the title role as the chief executive officer of a luxury liner. Walter Pidgeon is the captain. The plot concerns the princess of a fictional European nation on her way to the USA. At first it seems there's a scheme to steal her valuable jewels, but it's really a plot, led by a distant relation/former fiancé (!) to assassinate the princess and take over the country. As you might be able to tell, the story is complex and confusing. Watch for James Doohan in a tiny role as an officer on the bridge.

The Advance Man (1951): The title refers to the main character's job, arranging for appearances of the circus for which he works. The plot deals with somebody associated with the circus passing counterfeit money, leading to murder.

Chicago 2-1-2 (1957): Documentary-like account of the activities of an investigator for the Chicago Fire Department. The plot deals with an arsonist working for a junkyard dealer working some sort of insurance scam. Similar to Naked City or Dragnet, and filmed on location.

Better Call Saul is back! Season 6 Episode 1.
Sadly it is the last season, but will be looking forward to this each week. A brilliant show. As well as great stories and acting there is obviously a lot of thought going into the camera work, lighting and details.

Mission Impossible season 1 "Shock" -- Briggs goes undercover.
I think he has one episode left. Peter Lupus gets a little more to do than normal--he has to deal with kids who stumble upon their hide out. Vic Perrin, the voice of the Controller from the Outer Limits plays an MIF psychiatrist.

Hawkins "Murder in Movieland" In the pilot Strother Martin is always with James Stewart but here he goes out on his own and gets beat up by a "sissy." Melodramatic court room antics but once again the presence of Stewart is what lifts beyond a standard tv experience.

The third and final volume of Lost TV:

The Affairs of Peter Chambers (1959): Private detective series based on a character from magazines, books, and radio.

The plot deals with fur thefts and murder. Pretty standard private eye stuff, but the narrative style is unusual. When a scene ends, the lighting fades to black except on Chambers, who talks directly to the viewer. The lights go back up, revealing a new scene.

Assignment: Mexico (1956): An American travel agent in Mexico City does undercover work for the Mexican police. (The back of the DVD box claims she's a CIA agent, but there's no hint of this in the episode.) The plot involves a crime lord planning to kill his wife for ratting on him, and hiring another guy to pretend to be him in order to throw the cops off the scent. Our heroine figures out the deception because the crime lord is a health nut, and the guy imitating him smokes, drinks, and eats meat!

Beach Patrol (1959): Cops work with the chief of a lifeguard station. (Don't picture a guy in swim trunks sitting at the top of a wooden tower watching the ocean. This is a guy in full uniform in an office.) The plot involves the murder of a crime lord, plotted by his girlfriend and some other guy. He gets shot while out fishing at night and the killer tosses the gun overboard. In a weird plot twist, the woman goes scuba diving to pick up the gun so she can blackmail the killer. It's kind of like Baywatch without the cheesecake and beefcake; the cops wear full suits, ties, and hats while patrolling the beach.

Finished Mum, which was quite a nice comedy and would probably benefit from a rewatch.

Now on to season 2 of Utopia.

Shaft the series episode 1 -
They make him more establishment friendly in here compared to the movies. He wears a suit and gives chocolate-coated cherries to the police file clerk with a sick mother.
Robert Culp is one of the judges in a star chamber who take criminals freed in appeal and waste them. His wife is in an asylum after a rape. He pretends to be a bleeding heart liberal lawyer--it is interesting though that his daughter complains that she can't walk to school on her own alone. He's adamant the streets are too dangerous for a 10-year-old child to walk alone to school.
Since his wife was raped--this is his motivation for being overly protective.
Today--I don't think I ever see kids walking alone from school unless they are teenagers.

Police Woman has the casting rule that all women have blander makeup than the star, and Kojak has to be the coolest bald guy in town, so with Shaft--all his white co-stars are a lot shorter than him (Richard Jaeckal is the bad guy cop). There are a couple of black guys in it and they are as tall as him or taller.
If you are a whitey, you are a shorty next to Shaft.
Also, I did not know that the biggest pimp in New York in 1973 was a blond guy who dresses like a black one.
You see him from a distance and you think-oh he's Puerto Rican, and then you see him take his hat off and it's a poor man's Malcolm McDowell.

Star Trek TOS. Patterns of Force. Kirk and Spock battle against Nazis. A good one.

hey everyone how are you all :)

I haven't really been watching many shows recently, just Snooker a few films and Doctor Who on IPlayer :)

Doctor Who surely counts and I've been watching lots of Classic Who recently (very proud of going through many stories in such a short time) and thoroughly enjoying it :)

Currently watching The Underwater Menace from Classic Doctor Who with The Second Doctor :)

Regards - Declan Sargent

Nice, Declan. I've been meaning to go back and binge the classic Doctor Who stories. I've been accruing a lot of TOIL at work. Perhaps i'll take a week off and have a super binge...

I finished Utopia. Very enjoyable and very clever. Well worth watching. I noticed there's an "Amazon Original" of Utopia now. I may watch it later.

Now on to Big Train for some mindless nostalgia.

Season 2 episode 2 of The Chosen, (Amazon Prime) --- This maybe the best episodic television I've ever witnessed. Anyone who has a knowledge of the Bible (and a lot of those who don't) will be absolutely mesmerized by this well constructed, well acted, and thoughtful series. (I'm already looking at the Apostle Peter differently, quite an accomplishment given my lifetime of study.)

Star Trek TOS, season 2, Patterns of Force.
The crew of the Enterprise visits a planet dominated by a Nazi culture and at war with its planetary neighbor.

Season 2 of Dead Pixels. A bit vulgar, but good fun.

Now watching “Back” I really like David Mitchell and Robert Webb, so this should be my kind of thing.

The Wild Wild West season 2 The Night of the Feathered Fury - clever Goldfinger-inspired story. Victor Buono seeks a device containing the philosopher's stone which turns metals to gold. They even do the gold-painted girl (though it doesn't make sense--is she made of metal?).

Petrocelli season 1 episode 5 "A Life for a Life" Suddenly he is building his house in a completely different location from before. It was a desert now it is in a forested area.

SWAT season 1 episode 2 A Coven of Killers. Sal Mineo as a Charles Manson type and William Windom as a leftwing underground newspaper publisher. Steve Forrest has some memorable lines --"he and I were friends while you three were still figuring out which end of the crayon is up."
When he gets taken off the case he says: "Don't turn me into a gelding!"
and "after he blows their minds with drugs he'll program them into satanic slaves and killers."

If we count stuff on DVD then episode 3 of City of Death. Ah, good Doctor Who.

Before the dark times. Before the retcon. A more sophisticated script, from a more civilised age.