What Was the Last Television Episode You Watched?

A few more Blake's 7 episodes and i'm now up to season 4, episode 10. I'll leave the final 3 episodes and binge them at the weekend,.

Now watching the BBC adaptation of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. This hasn't aged at all in my opinion and it remains just brilliant. Enjoying it very much and i'll watch the movie afterwards, i think. (It isn't as good but i still think it's great fun and enjoyable.) I do hope that someone revisit the Guide.

Last edited:
Started something new "The Chosen" first two episodes. This is a historical novelization of the ministry of Jesus. This is the kind of thing that I normally am very leery about. Either the story leaves the Biblical story as something like mere illusions, or it follows the Bible very closely and everything comes out very wooden (might also be a case of poor production values and inferior acting). But so far this series avoids both those pitfalls in an immensely satisfying way. The story is interesting and plausible, while remaining very true to the history of the text. The acting is first rate. I'll watch a lot more of this before I pass final judgment, but right now this is the best movie about the life of Jesus and his times that I've ever seen. (And of course I've seen a lot of them.)

One episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

"Yesterday's Enterprise" has the previous model of the starship encounter the present one via a "time rift" that sends it twenty-two years into the future. This changes the present, so that the Federation is now losing a war with the Klingons. (The old ship attempted to defend a Klingon outpost from an attack by Romulans, which led to a peace treaty between the Federation and the Klingons.) The new version of Picard, going only by Guinan's unexplained knowledge that reality has changed, has to decide whether to send the old ship back to its own time, to restore the present, at the cost of almost certain doom for all aboard the previous starship. Confused? Yeah, time travel stories will do that.

I finished THHGTTG and loved it. To me it hadn't aged at all and outside of the radio drama, it is the best version. Very clever writing and the use of language is brilliant. I really enjoyed this.

Finally finished Blake's 7. Again, a brilliant piece of TV. I missed Zen and the Liberator in the fourth series but it was everything i wanted it to be. Awesome stuff.

I also watched the second series of Space Force. It was bad.

I finished THHGTTG and loved it. To me it hadn't aged at all and outside of the radio drama, it is the best version. Very clever writing and the use of language is brilliant. I really enjoyed this.

Finally finished Blake's 7. Again, a brilliant piece of TV. I missed Zen and the Liberator in the fourth series but it was everything i wanted it to be. Awesome stuff.

I also watched the second series of Space Force. It was bad.

My favourite lines from HHGTTG

"It's unpleasantly like being drunk."

"What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"

"Ask a glass of water."

And

"Hurry up, or you'll be late."

"Late for what?"

"What's your name?"

"Dent. Arthur Dent."

"Well Dentarthurdent, late as in the late Arthur Dent. It's a kind of threat."

And

"Six pints of bitter, the world's about to end."

"Oh yes sir, nice weather for it. Going to the match this afternoon?"

"No, no point."

"Foregone conclusion then, eh, Arsenal without a chance?"

"No, it's just the world's about to end."

"Oh, yes sir, so you said."

"Lucky escape for Arsenal if it did."

Ford looking puzzled "No, not really."

Douglas Adams was a true genius and sadly missed.

So many wonderful lines.

I suspect that if someone asked you what it is to be British, sit them down and show them this. They'll get it.

I'm halfway through something called Utopia. It's been on my radar for a while, but this is the first time i've looked for it. It's a bit violent, but quite good fun.

Finished the first season of Utopia this morning. That was some twisty turny shizzle right there. I'll start the second season tonight.

I’ve been watching all 3 seasons of the 1960’s Batman TV series and thoroughly enjoying them. I bought them in a Blu Ray boxed set a few years back - complete with Batmobile toy. Loving revisiting this part of my childhood:)

I PVR'd the Belgian (original) version of Professor T. on PBS. It was 3 seasons, and just watched the last this week. I thought it was excellent, not just because I love police procedurals, but also the way it portrayed Jasper's mental illness. At first, the little humorous vignettes, interspersed with flashbacks made little sense at the start, but there was an overall pattern that evolved and became resovled in the last few episodes. I thought it was brilliantly done.

I've been watching Mum. Very sweet and quite funny. I've two episodes left and then I'll go to Season 2 of Utopia over the weekend.