What Was the Last Television Episode You Watched?

Mr & Mrs Smith on Prime, I think. About 3 episodes in. This is very different from the Brad Pitt /Angelina Jolie movie. Slow and carefully developing romantic comedy about 2 assassins, which riffs with, and drily subverts the usual tropes.
Recommended.

Mr & Mrs Smith on Prime, I think. About 3 episodes in. This is very different from the Brad Pitt /Angelina Jolie movie. Slow and carefully developing romantic comedy about 2 assassins, which riffs with, and drily subverts the usual tropes.
Recommended.
Indeed it is on Prime. I've watched two episodes and I'm still pretty undecided. I did notice recently that although Prime says it's the #1 show it has only 269 reviews and is rated a bare 3.5 stars. So that gives me pause. One thing is abundantly clear, and that is that it is unlike pretty much anything else on television. It is listed as a action/comedy. What comedy there is, is certainly understated and very tangential to the story.

Indeed it is on Prime. I've watched two episodes and I'm still pretty undecided. I did notice recently that although Prime says it's the #1 show it has only 269 reviews and is rated a bare 3.5 stars. So that gives me pause. One thing is abundantly clear, and that is that it is unlike pretty much anything else on television. It is listed as a action/comedy. What comedy there is, is certainly understated and very tangential to the story.
Understated is good way to describe this.

Recommended.
I believe it is based more on a previous tv show rather than the later film.

I believe it is based more on a previous tv show rather than the later film.
I did not know of this show. I went and read the synopsis and I'm not sure there's much correlation. What is similar is that neither of the main characters knows much about the other and they are forced to work together. What is different is that neither of them know who they work for (a government? the mob? At this point I could be aliens, but I doubt it.) and neither of them seem to have any very relevant experience. Nor, do they seem to have any special abilities, besides the fact that they are willing to risk their life for a well paid job.

** I watched the third episode last night, and for the first time there was some humor that was obvious to me.

THE INVADERS S 2 -1 Condition Red- David Vincent goes to NORAD and has a colleague in an intelligence officer (Simon Scott) who believes in UFOs. The episode ends with a mass of invaders aliens being confronted by bomber planes while it shows up on a big screen like a space invaders video game. At one point Vincent asks if a computer can be reprogrammed to ignore certain information.

THE WILD WILD WEST - The Night of the Juggernaut- someone wants land because it has oil on it. Simon Scott! Artemus Gordon plays a Yosemite Sam-type character called Archibald B Caldwell "The R stands for rich!". Ross Martin broke his leg during filming of an episode so is desk-ridden for part of it.

HAWAII FIVE-O S 2 ep 1 A Thousand Pardons, You're Dead - Harry Guardino goes around killing prostitutes who are married to GIs killed in combat. He has some good exchanges with McGarrett who is on his trail.

KOJAK - Deliver Us Some Evil -John Ritter kills someone during a botched burglary and then becomes involved in a big heist of coins and antiques. First time I noticed them using projection for some scenes of Kojak in New York. Cost-cutting? Premiered 50 years ago this week.

COLUMBO - Mind Over Mayhem - A murder at a think tank brings Columbo (and his dog) to investigate. Robby the Robot appears (as well as Ed Fury as a cop and Deidre Hall as a receptionist). Premiered 50 years ago today.

BANACEK - Rocket to Oblivion - an experimental engine disappears at a trade show in front of witnesses (including Carly). Premiered 50 years ago this week.

A Killer Paradox (2024). After murdering someone, a teenage dirtbag enters an endless string of death: a paradox where he has to kill more and more people to cover up the other murders.

Another Netflix original series based on a Korean webtoon, and another one with tons of violence. K-Dramas used to be soft, whereas the movies were the ones that were violent and sexual. Now the dramas are getting more hardcore by the day.

It stars Choo Woo-shik, who was in Parasite (2019) and Train to Busan (2016), and he really delivers great acting.

Strongly recommended.

The Wheel of Time Season 1, Episode 6
This is one my wife wanted to start. I wasn't too keen on it, but I've been enjoying it so far. There are significant changes from the books. The biggest is that it's unknown if The Dragon Reborn will be a man or a woman, which pretty much flies in the face of the basic mythology of the world, in my opinion, but it doesn't ruin anything by any means.
I equate it with the Game of Thrones tv series. The high-level ideas and plot points are there, more or less, but it's definitely its own beast. I think if you don't come in with the baggage of what you expect based on the book series, you'll have a pretty good time with it.

i am watching the 1st episode of the 3d season of Westworld. i seem to be the only person around who loves Westworld, the last 2 seasons aren't as great as the first 2, but they:re still very watchable.

An episode of the children's programme Bluey entitled "Sleepytime", about a dog (ie a child) having a dream about flying through space. It was very inventive and scores bonus points for using Holst's Planets Suite.

Is that the one that has adult jokes in it? Not obvious adult jokes, but ones that would go over the heads of children?

An episode of the children's programme Bluey entitled "Sleepytime", about a dog (ie a child) having a dream about flying through space. It was very inventive and scores bonus points for using Holst's Planets Suite.
I just watched it too. I was hoping they would use "Mars" and have them fighting horrific trench warfare against insectoid aliens in tripods. A missed opportunity, I felt.

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE - Recovery --A US plane goes down behind the Iron Curtain and the MIF must go in and recover a piece of hardware before a US scientist and defector (Bradford Dillman) can figure it out. Phelps dyes his hair brown and it isn't a good look.

KOJAK - Eighteen Hours of Fear - a young girl who smuggled Canadian mint money plates is stalked by a killer and has to spend the night in Chuck McCann's hotel room (her life really was at stake). But when a few deaths happen, Chuck is a suspect and gets the third degree from Kojak and co. Premiered 50 years ago this week.

HARRY O - Mr. Five and Dime - Having listened to a CBC Mystery Radio show which featured Glynnis O'Connor (couldn't place the face) I got curious and decided to skip from season 1 to check her out. She plays a girl in trouble for passing counterfeit money. Funny how that connects with the last show I watched. The show really changed in the second year judging from this. The intro is more standard action cop stuff with none of the Mannix parody. But with Anthony Zerbe as Harry's new cop liaison--I see that he has a more comically antagonist relationship than he had with Henry Darrow. Good humor based on this sampling.

MANNIX - Round Trip To Nowhere---He is hired by a guy to protect his wife but the client ends up killed in a crash as he is chased by someone. Joe then goes to the wife (Susan Howard, who has a Jackie O hairstyle which makes her rather anonymous. She is very muted in the episode--someone said in an IMDB review that she looked like she wanted to be elsewhere. In Petrocelli she is more energetic but so dumb. In the feature films roles she had (Moonshine County Express and Sidewinder 1 she was riveting and smart. How much the writing can impact performance quality). She has only known him for a month (after being on a charity mission in Peru) and doesn't seem too shook up about it. Turns out that there's a hijacked gold shipment and the Treasure department is after it. They fly in a plane to the desert to get it--and then end up in a cave with bats. Susan saves them by throwing a rock to make the bats fly around (turns out fruit bats aren't native to desert caves in California). His police liaison this time is Jerry Douglass who I haven't seen before.

MCMILLAN & WIFE - Cross and Double Cross---not rated highly as an episode but I am surprised because I thought it was very amusing. Mac springs his doppelganger (from a previous episode) so he can impersonate the crook to find out about a stolen gold shipment with the Treasury department involving a former girlfriend (Rhonda Fleming). What a small plot world--gold again--and deserts, and plane flights. Meanwhile--the crook will have to impersonate the Commissioner (with Mildred making sure he stays away from Sally). It reaches a point where the imposter and housekeeper are dancing the tango, later Mildred and Sally go to an underworld nightclub dressed as working girls to search for Mac (who they believed had been killed) and the former attracts the eye of a club bouncer. It is a ridiculous episode but I had some good laughs from it. Premiered 50 years ago today.

BANACEK - Fly Me, If You Can Find Me - A jumbo jet goes missing from an air field in Nevada. Sterling Hayden is a tycoon with damaged legs from a cargo mission in Vietnam and owns much of the area. This is considered one of the best episodes--the relationship between Hayden and his former flight partner is really interesting thanks to a revelation and someone's scene for revenge. Premiered 50 years ago this week.
And a wise man doesn't play leap frog with a unicorn.

CANNON- Memo From a Dead Man --we meet Frank coming out of a packed elevator--and everyone inside is relieved that he gets out.
He has to go to the reading of a will by lawyer Martin Sheen (playing a different character from his previous role--which is strange in a way because I think he appeared twice as the same character--so a bit unusual he would show up as someone else). A man who died named Cannon in his will--he wants him to find out which of his relatives killed him. Good dialogue in this one--and a funny scene where Sheen is at Cannon's place as the later is making a hero sandwich. Cannon asks Sheen if he wants one--he says no. So, after finishing the sandwich--Frank says "that looks good doesn't it. Sure you don't want one?"
And Sheen looks at it and says: "sure--ok."
Cannon is mortified as he has to turn it over and watch him eat it.

MCCLOUD - The Colorado Cattle Caper-- McCloud (and then Broadhurst and then Clifford) have to go to the town of Two Forks to nab cattle rustlers (who have an impossible method of processing meat in the back of a regular semi truck trailer--there's no way they could take in cattle around 25 in number and be able to do everything that a meat packing place would do--in 30 minutes but it's tv physics). The sheriff (Claude Akins) is running for re-election and wants to nab them himself. His deputy is John Denver who ends up being McCloud's sidekick for the show--and Farrah Fawcett shows up too. Austin Stoker appears as briefly at the start as a colleague and gets shot. Premiered 50 years ago today.

Peter B. Clifford: Where's McCloud?
Sergeant Joe Broadhurst: According to the Sheriff, he's a fugitive.
Peter B. Clifford: I hope he gave orders to shoot to kill.

KOJAK - Before the Devil Knows---a cat burglar (Henry Darrow) loses his partner after the banker (David White) they are robbing cuts his cable line.
Kojak wants the burglar, but then decides he would rather have the banker and especially the notorious hitman Pacman so he makes a deal with the thief. They have a nifty method of tracking the hitman by putting 2 panes of plastic glass in front of a window and using the thief as a target. When the hitman shoots-they use a laser pointer to trace the trajectory of the shot to the building across the street. Interestingly, White says he is 55 and his wife calls him an old man. Austin Stoker appears as briefly at the start as a colleague and doesn't get shot. Premiered 50 years ago this week.