What Was the Last Television Episode You Watched?

PETROCELLI Shadow of Fear - a woman (Anne Archer) goes to Tony asking him to accompany her to the police since she confessed to murdering someone. She says her ex-husband (named Mr Archer ironically), a no good fellow, was in town looking to shake her down for money since her new husband (William Windom), a really kind, good man, doesn't know she had been married before. But when they go to the police, Tony is informed that a) the woman did not kill her first husband--she shot a suit of clothes hanging in the hallway, and b)her new husband did--the body was found at their home. But she swears he is innocent. Tony believes he is innocent too--but he can't figure out how to get him off. Has a good twist I must say.

LAND OF THE LOST - Ep 3 Dopey. This sure is a cute show. I was looking forward to revisiting this one. The sounds of Dopey crying and the theme song they give him. Such good dinosaur animation as well for this.

PROJECT UFO-- The Joshua Flats --- This show does not hold up well--the leads are so dull but the ufo sequences are weird and cool.

The complete first season of Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In as well as some of season two, plus the pilot (not part of the regular series) and some interviews. Yes, we bought the complete series on DVD and are working our way through it
My main memories of that show is Goldie Hawn dancing in a bikini with her body covered in humorous graffiti.... My mother turning to my dad and saying "you're allowed to blink you know"

Last edited:
SWAT The Steel-Plated Security Blanket - Ex-army guys steal an armored truck and plan to steal some fancy jewels used for a beauty pageant. Farrah Fawcett-Majors and Loni Anderson (didn't recognize her) appear as contestants. The former is so artificial. One of those 70s manufactured stars that you look back on and just wonder how the hell that happened. So much attention was given to her.
Anyway, TJ, the sharpshooter of the team, has a girfriend (Lara Parker--who has to read lines saying how beautiful Mrs. Steve Austin is). We glimpse the van driver in this actually--he's sitting in the vehicle while Hondo is talking in the foreground. Luca, the Italian Romeo of the series, is put on a blind date with your standard 1970s feminist (bifocals, big teeth)-at the end he is asked to go on another date and decides to pass--and thus misses out on a date with Farrah. But did he really miss out? I am sure he preferred Loni Anderson.

Inside No.9 series 8 episode 2

Great to see the return of this anthology series. Not as good as the Christmas episode, but still an enjoyable (albeit quite gory) watch, with a surprise guest appearance of Anita 'Angie Watts' Dobson.

Anyone who hasn't watched this series, I would urge you to do so. Each episode is so diverse from Shakespearean farce, to silent comedy, to horror, to kitchen sink drama, that there's literally something there for everyone.

This episode is about two brothers returning to the home of their dead mother, hoping to raise her spirit so she'll tell them where she's hidden her money.

THE WILD WILD WEST season 3 The Night of the Circus of Death - The plot involves counterfeit money which I think was a nice change from end of the world schemes. Someone is passing fake money and the secret service is sent to investigate. This one seems to have everything including two Artie disguises and an appearance by Arabella, the carrier pigeon.

DIAGNOSIS MURDER Miracle Cure - Series first episode. It was entertaining although I miss Ally Walker who was in the Jake and the Fatman pilot as Dr Stone's student accomplice.

Season 1, Episode 3 of Criminal (UK version) on Netflix. A top-drawer series based exclusively in a police interview room.

We've started this thing at home:

9107PGt8TfL._SL1500_.jpg

As usual for these big, cheap sets, it's all public domain old stuff, not in the best condition. It's not even all television, because it includes some old movie serials.

Anyway, we started with a few episodes of the series Flash Gordon (1954-1955). This version makes Flash Gordon, Dale Arden, and Doctor Zarkov agents of the Galactic Bureau of Investigation, battling folks who want to rule the galaxy. Oddly, it was a West German/French/American co-production. Apparently it was initially filmed in West Berlin, then moved to Marseille. The few episodes we've seen definitely featured some actors with strong German accents.

for the first time in quite a long time i sat down in front of the telly and it was actually quite good.

Watched episodes 4 to 10 of Dark Matter, Season 2. It was very good and i'm hoping to finish the season some time tomorrow.

Last edited:
There's a "3rd Rock from the Sun" marathon running on IFC, at some ungodly hour of Saturday mornings; but I did get it tagged for recording the series. I snagged a couple dozen of them. John Lithgow is brilliantly absurd therein, as always.

Today's viewing, a two episode sequence wherein the Big Giant Head (William Shatner) comes to earth to evaluate the status of "the Mission."

Shatner plays this over-the-top campy and these are the funniest, most absurd episodes ever! Nice Easter Eggs about the twilight zone episode and the Rocket Man.

And when The Shat sings the Carpenter's "Close to You," I about choked.

Last edited:
HAWAII FIVE-O "Once Upon A Time" a two-parter that is emotionally powerful. The story concerns Steve McGarrett's sister in Los Angeles being swindled by a quack doctor who promises to cure her 6-month-old child who has terminal cancer. The sister's husband summoned her brother to do something to break the false hope that she has--and McGarrett agrees and goes after the doctor (Joanne Linville). She tries everything to persuade the steel-nerved cop to abandon the case and then finally tells him that she will use the death of the baby to manipulate his sister to hate him forever. Which she does. This brings us to a tearjerker scene where Danno comes into the office and McGarrett breaks down and weeps. It is handled very well (except for a strange action where Danno is holding out a cup to Steve which makes no sense since the latter has his back to him. I guess when they filmed the scene--both were not in the same room or they decided it was better for McGarrett to remain facing the window in profile.). Surprisingly emotive acting by Jack Lord.
Another memorable character is the FDA lawyer, Zipser (David Sheiner) who helps McGarrett nail the doctor with some courtroom trickery. There's also a great bit of intelligent acting where the doctor predicts McGarrett's health and he glances to his sister--obviously indicating that the sister had given various details to the fraudster so she could concoct a fake medical history. There's also a funny scene where McGarrett attracts the help of a librarian known as "Chickie-Baby." This is episode is almost like a movie.

Sanctuary (2023). A brooding bad boy starts practicing sumo to earn money for his family.

A good Netflix original. A rare finding.

I was hooked from the very beginning; the opening scene put a huge smile on my face. I was never bored.

Everything in the show is kinda extreme. Sumo training is known for being brutal, and for the hazing. It’s no different in this series. The jokes (a lot of them with sexual themes) also go pretty hard. You’ll have good laughs if you enjoy some adult, dark humor.

The protagonist is a broke, brooding, foul-mouthed, short-fused, ruthless, headstrong school bully with both daddy and mommy issues. His only (not redeeming) quality is being big. In the stable (that’s what they call the place for sumo training), there’s a nerdy, puny guy, and his presence is very important narratively speaking. He has the guts and the will to become a sumo wrestler, but he lacks the physique. He’s the protagonist’s exact opposite, and his reason d’étre is to help the protagonist overcome his meathead BS and train properly.

I also have some nitpicking to do. Just like in American movies they put adults to play highschoolers, and it’s ridiculous. The trainers and former wrestlers are all puny, and I’m asking myself if you can just lose weight like that after a life of eating like crazy. There’s a character, a reporter raised in The US, who’s very annoying, and I don’t seem to understand what is the reason they wrote her.

All in all, one of the best Netflix shows out there. And that’s not just because I’m a weeb.

We finished up the 1950's American/German/French series Flash Gordon. A couple of episodes featured footage of the war-ravaged city of Berlin and real refugees, which added a strange feeling to a cheap old space opera series.

On the same 150 Episodes Classic Sci-Fi TV set, we watched:

One episode of the cartoon series Space Angel (1962) -- minimal animation, simplistic story. Bad guys attack, good guys attack back. This was originally broadcast as five five-minute episodes! It's got the cartoon characters with real mouths seen on the infamous Clutch Cargo. Not gonna watch the eight other episodes included.

The single episode Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1955) from the live anthology series Climax! Michael Rennie has the title role(s) in the very familiar story. Adapted by Gore Vidal!

The single episode The Dark Stranger (1955) from the anthology series The Star and the Story. Edmond O'Brien stars as a writer who unintentionally brings to life the woman (Joanne Woodward) who is to be the victim in his latest crime novel; and it seems he is fated to be the killer if he can't change the book before it goes to print. It was OK.

One episode of the series Captain Z-Ro (1955-1956). Cheap kiddie show in which the title character uses a time machine to contact famous folks in history. The one we saw was about Leonardo da Vinci. Not gonna watch the 23 episodes included.

The unsold pilot Tales of Frankenstein (1958) from Hammer studios. Pretty typical Frankenstein stuff. (The title character puts the brain of a dying man into a monstrous reanimated body.) Produced by Curt Siodmak and written by the husband-and-wife team of Henry Kuttner and C. L. Moore, as well as an uncredited Jerome Bixby!

Invisible Avenger (1958). Two episodes of an unsold series about the famous pulp magazine and radio show hero the Shadow, stitched together and released to theaters as a movie. Like the radio show, but unlike the pulp magazine, Lamont Cranston has the ability to "cloud men's minds, so they cannot see him." He and his oddly-accented mentor, who can hypnotize folks, get involved in a plot to kill a revolutionary who plans to overthrow the evil dictator of a fictional Latin American nation. Nice location filming in New Orleans, but otherwise an ordinary crime/spy drama.

200 - the 200th episode of Stagate: SG1 - which was a very lot of fun with everyone spoofing themselves up all over the place. The The jokes got a little over-milked and laboured in places but the moment where the puppet SG1 went through the stargate without their strings was priceless.

We finished up the 1950's American/German/French series Flash Gordon. A couple of episodes featured footage of the war-ravaged city of Berlin and real refugees, which added a strange feeling to a cheap old space opera series.

On the same 150 Episodes Classic Sci-Fi TV set, we watched:

One episode of the cartoon series Space Angel (1962) -- minimal animation, simplistic story. Bad guys attack, good guys attack back. This was originally broadcast as five five-minute episodes! It's got the cartoon characters with real mouths seen on the infamous Clutch Cargo. Not gonna watch the eight other episodes included.

The single episode Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1955) from the live anthology series Climax! Michael Rennie has the title role(s) in the very familiar story. Adapted by Gore Vidal!

The single episode The Dark Stranger (1955) from the anthology series The Star and the Story. Edmond O'Brien stars as a writer who unintentionally brings to life the woman (Joanne Woodward) who is to be the victim in his latest crime novel; and it seems he is fated to be the killer if he can't change the book before it goes to print. It was OK.

One episode of the series Captain Z-Ro (1955-1956). Cheap kiddie show in which the title character uses a time machine to contact famous folks in history. The one we saw was about Leonardo da Vinci. Not gonna watch the 23 episodes included.

The unsold pilot Tales of Frankenstein (1958) from Hammer studios. Pretty typical Frankenstein stuff. (The title character puts the brain of a dying man into a monstrous reanimated body.) Produced by Curt Siodmak and written by the husband-and-wife team of Henry Kuttner and C. L. Moore, as well as an uncredited Jerome Bixby!

Invisible Avenger (1958). Two episodes of an unsold series about the famous pulp magazine and radio show hero the Shadow, stitched together and released to theaters as a movie. Like the radio show, but unlike the pulp magazine, Lamont Cranston has the ability to "cloud men's minds, so they cannot see him." He and his oddly-accented mentor, who can hypnotize folks, get involved in a plot to kill a revolutionary who plans to overthrow the evil dictator of a fictional Latin American nation. Nice location filming in New Orleans, but otherwise an ordinary crime/spy drama.
WOW! I just bought this from a discount book/DVD house. Please recommend any others that are worth watching - particularly if they are humorous, I've had a hard time getting through the first few that I put on.

WOW! I just bought this from a discount book/DVD house. Please recommend any others that are worth watching - particularly if they are humorous, I've had a hard time getting through the first few that I put on.

Well, you get what you pay for. Like everything else in one of the huge DVD sets from Mill Creek, it consists of so-so copies of public domain stuff. I'll keep reporting on what we watch, but don't expect any masterpieces.

By the way, some of the stuff in the set isn't television at all, but old movie serials, as shown in theaters along with the main features. Most notable among these would be the bizarre singing cowboy/underground civilization crossover The Phantom Empire.