What Was the Last Television Episode You Watched?

JunkMonkey

Lord High Vizier of Nowt
Ha, I've only seen Brian Cox once and thought the programme so awful I stopped halfway through.

Prog was an hour long and the first 30 minutes was spent explaining the 'arrow of time' (it turns out the past has already happened, and the future comes after the present). This necessitated flying Cox to Patagonia to watch a glacier's end break off and plunge into the sea.

That might be an aberration and maybe his stuff is normally great (some people who loathe Jeremy Clarkson still liked his stuff on the St. Nazaire[sp] raid), but it was boring and patronising in equal measure.

Me too. There was a wonderful parody of him in some CBBC kids' show a few years ago. (Which I would love to find again.) In it, the uncannily accurate Brian Cox impersonator stood at the edge of, and earnestly described the famous meteor impact crater in Arizona (it was filmed on location); he described its size, its pure awesomeness in rapt Coxy tones and ended by saying "... but why look at that... when you could be looking at me?"

I have never been able to take him at all seriously since.

J-Sun

I am surprised Adam-12 was only a half hour. I used to watch it all the time (well, not literally 24 hours a day ;).
Yeah, I'm a big fan of "Webb TV" and both Dragnet and Adam-12 were half-hour shows. Only Emergency was an hour, I guess because they combined doctor and firefighter elements so it was two shows in one. :) They packed 'em full of incidents enough for several episodes, though, with a mix of light and dark as it suited the incident or storyline, which I like. No "you're a drama, so you must be one hour and never crack a smile" or what have you.

KGeo777

I never watched Emergency (I don't remember it at all-who was in it etc). There are so many series that one could easily pass over like Dr Kildare or The FBI. That show lasted 9 years and I never hear it talked about.
It's always a wonder to me how many shows there used to be.
And even more surprising is to find out how many remakes of shows there are.
I had no idea there was a new SWAT series--there's also new The FBI series!

J-Sun

I never watched Emergency (I don't remember it at all-who was in it etc).
The main pair were the paramedics Gage and DeSoto. Gage had played a guy working at a horse riding academy who was accused of stealing on Adam-12. The main doctors were Brackett, who was Robert Fuller from Wagon Train, and Early, (Bobby Troup), who had played all kinds of roles on Dragnet, including a bookie/bartender. He was also the father of Ronne Troup who showed up in various roles on various Webb TV shows. And then Lopez was one of the firefighters who had been one of the many anonymous cops on Adam-12, and so on.
It's always a wonder to me how many shows there used to be.
And even more surprising is to find out how many remakes of shows there are.
I had no idea there was a new SWAT series--there's also new The FBI series!
Yeah, there have been a lot of shows. And, looking at the upcoming US network TV season (where I am), almost every "new" show is a reboot, spinoff, sequel, etc., or imported or adapted from elsewhere... such as Canada. :) There's spinoffs of The Rookie, Supernatural, and even Jeopardy; a reboot of Walker, Quantum Leap, and even The Love Boat! I only know the description of one show that is "new" and even it is about a "country music family" which sounds exactly like something that was done in the last few years that I forget the name of.

Vladd67

Stake Holder
The main pair were the paramedics Gage and DeSoto. Gage had played a guy working at a horse riding academy who was accused of stealing on Adam-12. The main doctors were Brackett, who was Robert Fuller from Wagon Train, and Early, (Bobby Troup), who had played all kinds of roles on Dragnet, including a bookie/bartender. He was also the father of Ronne Troup who showed up in various roles on various Webb TV shows. And then Lopez was one of the firefighters who had been one of the many anonymous cops on Adam-12, and so on.

Yeah, there have been a lot of shows. And, looking at the upcoming US network TV season (where I am), almost every "new" show is a reboot, spinoff, sequel, etc., or imported or adapted from elsewhere... such as Canada. :) There's spinoffs of The Rookie, Supernatural, and even Jeopardy; a reboot of Walker, Quantum Leap, and even The Love Boat! I only know the description of one show that is "new" and even it is about a "country music family" which sounds exactly like something that was done in the last few years that I forget the name of.
Country music family? Sounds like a variation on the Partridge family.

JunkMonkey

Lord High Vizier of Nowt
Stargate Atlantis Season One, Ep. 16 - Letters from Pegasus.

One of the best "Let's do a really cheap episode and reallocate the money we would have spent on it on a shedload of SFX for the fast approaching season finale" episodes I have ever seen. The bad guys are are on their way. All hope is gone. Given the chance to send a last message home, regular characters (and a couple not so regular) record straight-to-camera final thoughts to loved ones and relatives of those who have died. It's funny, moving, (cheap without appearing to be), and probably includes the longest uninterrupted un-subtitled monologue in Czech in a North American TV show.

J-Sun

Country music family? Sounds like a variation on the Partridge family.
That's a good point - could be. I think the new one and the recent one are more like "lifestyles of the rich and famous" prime time soaps or something, though (as was a recent one about rap music). I've never seen any of the recent ones directly, though, so I don't know.

paranoid marvin

Run VT Erroll!
Supporter
The Orville season 3 ep.3, the latest episode.
Its kinda like if the creator of Black Mirror did Star Trek. Great episode
New one tomorrow...

He kind of did with USS Callister. It's an absolutely brilliant episode of Black Mirror, and one that could easily have developed into its own tv series.

Droflet

I don't teach chickens how to dance.
The Boys s03e03. Plenty of exploding bodies can't be a bad thing. They took it up a significant notch in ep 1. You know what I mean. Right?

AE35Unit

]==[]===O °
Man vs Bee. Silliness with Rowan Atkinson as a house sitter foiled by a bee.
I kinda know one of the camera crew, she used to work at Blockbuster and is now a big Hollywood camera operator.

paranoid marvin

Run VT Erroll!
Supporter
We're watching the 2005 series Rome. Excellent so far.

It's a fabulous series with two terrific, likeable lead actors. It's kind of like I, Claudius but from the point of view of the common soldier (or a Roman version of Deadwood).

Great acting with just the right level of believability in the characters and what they get up to.