Kraxon Magazine -- Favourite Story of 2021 -- Discussion Thread

And we have a winner! Congratulations to Juliana! Commiserations to Kerry and Joachim who made a great fight at the finish!

And thank you everyone who voted and made this an exciting poll.

For those of you who are new to Kraxon and haven't got used to reading all the new stories each month, do make sure you bookmark the subforum and keep an eye out for them. The next story will be posted on 1 February.

@The Judge
Somewhere you mention the difference between 'New Posts' and 'What's New'. Can you go over that again
I don't think I spoke about the differences, just that I'd suggest people navigate by "New posts" rather than going just to the main menu page and only clicking on specific sub-forums ie only Book Discussion or Classic SF&F.

There is, though, a difference between "What's new" and "New posts" -- the former shows every thread that's had a recent-ish post in it, going back 10 pages, which at the moment means back to posts made on January 12th whether you've read the threads since then or not (though the latter will be in darker/bolder font), but if you use the filter, then "New posts" only shows those posts which you've not read.

The problem with both is that they will throw up threads which you might never be interested in eg the music or sports threads in my case. And when bored members go off on a thread-necromancy kick, it can be annoying to say the least when threads from 10-15 years ago and more suddenly arrive to fill up the pages. But stiffen the sinews and make like a mudlarker -- there may be unknown treasure there to find, most especially if one keeps a look out for the Kraxon posts!

Thank you!!!!! I'm absolutely thrilled! This year's Kraxon stories are, as always, an amazingly strong collection of ideas, sub-genres, and writing styles, and I'm humbled that my little piece has received so many votes. :)

There was a shout-out for Juliana's winning entry in the Chronscast episode this week!

Here's more information about the podcast itself for those who haven't picked up on it yet Chronscast Season 1 Episode 2 - Klara And The Sun with Jo Zebedee There's a link there direct to Juliana's story, so I'm hoping that even more people -- Chronners and non-Chronners alike -- will get to read it!