Doctor Who (39) 13:08: Legend of the Sea Devils

MemoryTale

Good with a stick
[edited] Looking forward to the return of the Sea Devils. They've not been seen since that very good Pertwee episode :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
They've not been seen since that very good Pertwee episode
Weren't they in the Peter Davidson story with the Silurians and the pantomime Loch Ness Monster? Give me a few minutes and I'll check the title.

Edit: Doctor Who And The Silurians. It was set in the future when Earth was divided into East and West Blocs. The Silurians (actually Eocenes) and the Sea Devils joined forces to attack a human base of one Bloc, called Seabase 4, to cause the launch of nuclear missiles against the opposing Bloc and bring about mutual annihilation on the humans, allowing the elder races to take over. They launched the Myrkha (worst ever Doctor Who monster) to attack the base. The Fifth Doctor flooded the base with a gas, deadly to the Silurian’s but not humans, killing them all, because he always was a genocidal maniac.

Matteo

They showed up in a Matt Smith episode as well - but looking somewhat different.

MemoryTale

Good with a stick
Weren't they in the Peter Davidson story with the Silurians and the pantomime Loch Ness Monster? Give me a few minutes and I'll check the title.

Edit: Doctor Who And The Silurians. It was set in the future when Earth was divided into East and West Blocs. The Silurians (actually Eocenes) and the Sea Devils joined forces to attack a human base of one Bloc, called Seabase 4, to cause the launch of nuclear missiles against the opposing Bloc and bring about mutual annihilation on the humans, allowing the elder races to take over. They launched the Myrkha (worst ever Doctor Who monster) to attack the base. The Fifth Doctor flooded the base with a gas, deadly to the Silurian’s but not humans, killing them all, because he always was a genocidal maniac.
They haven't shown up in any episode since that very good Pertwee episode. Any attempt to convince me otherwise will result in willful denial/violence (delete as appropriate)

nixie

pixie druid
Staff member
Supporter

Fiberglass Cyborg

"Warriors of the Deep" and "World War Three" both make me want to see an episode where the Doctor helps defend poor helpless aliens from evil human invaders. He cooks up a variety of horrific chemical weapons - "See, if you mix zikhtula salt with malming fluid and throw it on a Human, you can make their skin dissolve!"

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
I want the Doctor to remove the head off the Myrkha to reveal two different regenerations of the Master, and the Masters to say, "And we would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for your meddling hominids!"

MemoryTale

Good with a stick
Was I the only person who thought this was on this weekend? It isn't coming until "Spring 2022" whenever that is and it seems she doesn't regenerate until the Autumn.
Maybe it will be an Easter special like Planet of the Dead?

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
Maybe it will be an Easter special like Planet of the Dead?
I can't see a date, but I expect you are correct that it will be Easter weekend. Then possibly one more special for the Queen's Platinum weekend when they have moved several existing Bank Holidays altogether.*

*as an aside, I don't get Bank Holidays. I used to have to work them, so I thought I was missing something special, but no, everything is either closed, or else fully booked and over-priced; the roads are traffic jams; and about the only think you can do is to watch repeats and old films on TV!