TV,DVD,Streaming, 2022?

Watched the first episode of She-Hulk, Attorney at Law. It did not make me go wow! or intrigue me much, but I will watch episode two to give it a chance.

Rome really was great, at least the first season. As I recall they were rushed with the second season because the show was being canceled, so they had to cram too much stuff into it.
Having now watched both seasons, I can't see a difference between the two in this respect. In both cases I thought the politics and intrigue in the ruling classes was really well acted and written; the pleb stuff was OK (and provided balance) but not so interesting; and Vorenus and Pullo were ludicrously over-competent in the scenes with gratuitous bloodshed, which was the only real (but minor) negative. The whole thing looked amazing too; there was nothing about the CGI that made you think it wasn't bang up to date. 9/10, really glad I got the chance to watch it again.

Watched the first episode of She-Hulk, Attorney at Law. It did not make me go wow! or intrigue me much, but I will watch episode two to give it a chance.

Same thoughts here it was ok but not great.
It's not too bad, very quirky. I've just watched episode two.

Having now watched both seasons, I can't see a difference between the two in this respect. In both cases I thought the politics and intrigue in the ruling classes was really well acted and written; the pleb stuff was OK (and provided balance) but not so interesting; and Vorenus and Pullo were ludicrously over-competent in the scenes with gratuitous bloodshed, which was the only real (but minor) negative. The whole thing looked amazing too; there was nothing about the CGI that made you think it wasn't bang up to date. 9/10, really glad I got the chance to watch it again.

I love the scene where Pullo is in the ring with the Gladiators and just as you think its all over "THIRTEEN" comes ringing out from the crowd and Vorenus steps in ... just superb

Taking a rest from Doctor Who and am watching Cowboy Bebop, which has been on my list of things to watch for a considerably long time.

Anime is not usually my thing, but It's actually pretty good and i can see why it's so highly regarded.

I am now well into the second season of The Musketeers on Hulu. And I'm still hooked on it. But I worry that any moment it's going to degenerate into a complete romance and that will be the end for me.

Finished the live action version of Cowboy Bebop.

Now that I've seen the Anime version, it seems somewhat... stilted. I still think that this is a decent, fun bit of TV Space Opera, but it isn't as good as the original. I must confess that I'm somewhat surprised that i felt so strongly about the original. Shame it didn’t get green lit for a second series as there were a few set ups for it in the end. Ed makes her first appearance and there’s Faye’s backstory plot thread.

Back to the classic Doctor Who.

Last edited:
I'm watching "A League of their Own" the new series. It just barely resembles the movie. This is 16+ rated and certainly deserves it. It is much less about baseball and much more about a lot of women who are all misfits in their own individual ways trying to be a team and do something that hasn't been done before. I'm hanging in there with this, But it could easily go beyond the pale for me, especially sexually.

I've given up on She-Hulk, Attorney at Law. I don't do well with stories which don't take themselves seriously, and this one most assuredly doesn't. Any bit of dialogue which breaks through the story to speak directly to the audience makes me gag. And I gaged a lot in the two and half episodes I watched.

Finished the series The Musketeers and I must confess I loved it. It contained a vague connection with historical accuracy which was interesting. It included whole bunches of sword fights and gun fights. My "let's be real here" vibe, tremendously sharpened by my time on this site jangled more than once about the realism of the rate of survival and the lack of long term consequences of those fights. But the overall story, character development, sense of family, were all top drawer. One of the few shows I might be willing to watch again sometime.