The Stupidest, Silliest , Worst Most Inane Aliens , Monsters and Creatures of all time.

Featuring an uncredited Jennifer Anniston in her first film, and a Rotten Tomatoes rating of 4%... How did I miss this?

So she didn't make her acting debut in Leprechaun? Interesting.:)

Does that chair have a matching dinning room set? :)
It was a long time ago when I watched it, I remember bouncing my toddler daughter on my knee to the theme song and she's in her forties now.

I think there was actually a few of the aliens (maybe a full set of six!) who dispersed after landing. One kid had the alien chair called Henry in his house, every week he like explained how various Earth stuff worked so the chair could comprehend. So basically it was educational.

The Blob (1958) was not inane enough and required a remake (1988) to make it even more so.
To be fair they made it moderately scary considering it is a blob.

..I remember finding Mac and Me just about watchable at one point but I was under 10 years old. You can filter quite a bit of garbage as a child.

I think that the Blob was the inspiration for Lieutenant Yaphit, an amorphous, gelatinous, shapeshifting engineer on the Orville,
His silliness is to me a satire on both the horror of the Blob and the womanizing of Captain Kirk.
As such he is doesn't qualify as the siliest. We have Robot Monster and The Gorn for that.

He was playing a teenager. :)
He was 28 at the time ... You can see how it influenced the casting of Grease with it's total disregard of how a teenager should look!
5338fe0fdd85b860f9bf901c59863b1b.jpg

The Blob (1958) was not inane enough and required a remake (1988) to make it even more so.
To be fair they made it moderately scary considering it is a blob.

..I remember finding Mac and Me just about watchable at one point but I was under 10 years old. You can filter quite a bit of garbage as a child.

I can think quite a number shows and movies I enjoyed when I was a kid that as an Adult I now find cringeworthy.

It was a long time ago when I watched it, I remember bouncing my toddler daughter on my knee to the theme song and she's in her forties now.

I think there was actually a few of the aliens (maybe a full set of six!) who dispersed after landing. One kid had the alien chair called Henry in his house, every week he like explained how various Earth stuff worked so the chair could comprehend. So basically it was educational.
Vaguely remember the title music/song, with the line "So we cross the universe, disguised as dining chairs"

The sofa from "They Came From Somewhere Else", an unjustly forgotten series with the second-best title music in SF TV. Sung by iirc Jane the drummer from the Mo-Dettes, later of the Communards(?)

Makes me think of the Mattress from Squornshellous Zeta in Life, The Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams.

startrekaliens.png

"We are a peaceful race and are afraid of aliens." Star Trek: The Animated Series - Serve a Greater Cause
You can choose any alien from this show, they're all pretty bad. Even the humans.

I loved pretty much all the aliens in the Star Trek animated series. A lot of great, imaginative designs IMO. What's inane to me is the live action series' penchant for creating new alien species just by re-arranging the bumps on their forehead.

Having watched Teenagers From Outer Space recently with my son I can't believe I didn't think of the Gargons when I first encountered this thread. Basically they were crayfish (or possibly lobsters) held really close to the camera so they looked big.
View attachment 90722

This film had some innovative special effects. This is just as bad as the fake looking Skelton in the pool scene .:D

Back