Starship Titanic

Vertigo

Mad Mountain Man
Supporter
I really wasn't sure where to put this as it's radio not TV or Film. So I bunged it in the lounge.

First of all a confession; I can't believe I've never heard of a book by Terry Jones set in Douglas Adam's Hitchiker's universe! But now, for all you folk with access to Radio 4 or iPlayer (sorry for those across the pond and elsewhere without appropriate VPNs), we have Michael Palin starring in a radio adaptation for Radio 4 on Sunday 3pm. Got to be worth a listen:

Vertigo

Mad Mountain Man
Supporter
It would appear to have been a game first, the tie-in novel was written a year or two later.

Last edited:

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
WOW! I have this game at home somewhere. Didn't realise there was a book though and i may have to check it out.

Always good to discuss the work of Douglas Adams. I'll try and catch this at some stage.

Last edited:

paranoid marvin

Run VT Erroll!
Supporter
Thanks Vertigo. I remember it being a graphic adventure a decade or two ago, but had no idea it made it into a book.

Thanks for the heads up , look forward to listening to this one. Michael Palin and Douglas Adams - what could possibly be better?

Vertigo

Mad Mountain Man
Supporter
Hmm. An entertaining Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reboot. Amusing but it felt a little tired to me and was fairly obviously following an old-style computer quest adventure game plot, but, since that is exactly what it is, I suppose that's not too surprising. Fun if a little disappointing.