Has anyone had this problem with google word before?

DAgent

So I am working on google word on my chromebook on my work in progress, and suddenly the cursor isn't behaving itself and I find myself typing over letters it's to aligned over and adding spaces that should not be there. I hit delete and again the cursor seems to take out letters that it's not aligned to.

So to give an example of what I mean:

"So I was typing away and noticed I misspet a word and needed to add aspace"

I went in an tried to do some editing and got this instead:

"So I was typing away and noticed I misslpet a word and needed to add as pace"

I've checked other word docs and they don't seem to have the same issue, and refreshing and reopening the document doesn't seem to make any difference, and neither does undoing all the formatting as the same issue just continues.

Any ideas? I've not had this issue before.

My daughter’s new laptop had similar problems with what appeared to be random cursor movements making editing somewhat strange.

I returned it expecting a faulty keyboard to be the problem. Unfortunately, it turned out to be the processor board and, due to the shortage of chips, took nearly three months to replace.

My daughter’s new laptop had similar problems with what appeared to be random cursor movements making editing somewhat strange.

I returned it expecting a faulty keyboard to be the problem. Unfortunately, it turned out to be the processor board and, due to the shortage of chips, took nearly three months to replace.
I'm not sure it's the same kind of problem, but yours certainly sucks way worse than mine does.

I can still type just fine in other documents with the weird glitch showing up, and I have copied and pasted some of the affected text into a new document and guess what? It works fine there. But copying and pasting it back into the original doc, I still get that glitch again. I may have to just copy the whole text from the original doc into a new doc.

All 206 pages... :/

EDIT: The really weird thing is, I've managed to log onto a proper desktop PC and not had the same issue repeat at all on that. Very odd indeed.

When you say “google word” does this mean you have Microsoft Office on your Chromebook or are you using Google’s word processor?

When you say “google word” does this mean you have Microsoft Office on your Chromebook or are you using Google’s word processor?
Googles word processor, it's bean pretty easy to use so far.

Ok, so how did you create the problem document? Did you start by typing it from scratch or did you copy and paste it from somewhere into google docs?

Ok, so how did you create the problem document? Did you start by typing it from scratch or did you copy and paste it from somewhere into google docs?
It's something I've been working on for over 6 months, I just created the document in google docs and took it from there. Everything has been typed in to it directly and the only copying and pasting has been where I've moved some text from one part of that document to another part of it.

I had a bit of trouble with an update to my comp that affected trackpad sensitivity. I had to reset it, and I honestly don't remember how. Best of luck!

Everything has been typed in to it directly…
Hmm, interesting.

I have copied and pasted some of the affected text into a new document and guess what? It works fine there.
Have you tried copying and pasting the entire text into a new document to see if the problem persists?

Hmm, interesting.

Have you tried copying and pasting the entire text into a new document to see if the problem persists?
Oddly it's only one section, a couple of pages that seem affected. I've copied those into a blank document and everything's been fine in that copy, but copying and pasting back to the original and the same issue crops up.

I've managed to get logged onto a PC and viewed the original document, and everything is fine there, the issue doesn't crop up at all there.

Little update, it now seems to be affecting other google word documents on my chromebook. It doesn't affect any other website I use on the chromebook.

Another update: It turns out that this is a recuring problem with chromebook. Looking over the search results they've had various reports of this which might have something to do with bad updates that take ages for google to rectify with patches...

So, I gave my chromebook a powerwash to reset it to factory standards last night, and reloaded a google word doc and found the same issue was happening.
And I've just reloaded the same doc a few minutes ago and guess what? Suddnely the issue isn't playing up...

But I do see I have a chromebook OS update waiting... think I'll pass on that for now.