Looking for title of a film?

I watched a B&W US travelers-in-space movie in the mid-50s that scared the crap out of me. The astronauts happen upon a race of human-looking beings. I believe it was the "queen" that interacted with the astronauts. She was gorgeous, tall, slim and wearing a form fitting, glittery dress. During the course of the movie some of astronauts were all drawn to her attempting to kiss her. When they did, it rendered them a block of ice. At 5yo in the mid-50s it made an a lasting impression. Have never found the title of that movie. Anyone have an idea? Thanks.

Could it be Queen of Outer Space (1958)?

Ive seen that film , I doubt , The Queen in that movie wore a masque because her face got disfigured as. result of War fought with a world ruled. Godawful film.

Ive seen that film , I doubt , The Queen in that movie wore a masque because her face got disfigured as. result of War fought with a world ruled. Godawful film.
I think I've confused it with another film. I remember a scene from a film where an Earthman stands on a stool to kiss a queen of Venus or something, but I don't recall anyone turning to ice. Maybe I saw Invasion of the Star Creatures. Frankly, it reminds me of that 80s music video for "Dolly Dagger" by Jimi Hendrix.

I think I've confused it with another film. I remember a scene from a film where an Earthman stands on a stool to kiss a queen of Venus or something, but I don't recall anyone turning to ice. Frankly, it reminds me of that 80s music video for "Dolly Dagger" by Jimi Hendrix.

There was screen something like that in comedy film Abbott and Costello go to Mars 1953 .:unsure:

The film that the Op is talking about is not ringing any bells though the description of the Queen Reminded eo the film the 1966 film Planet of Blood:unsure:

Ok - I can't remember any of the plot, just one scene from a film....

Late 1960s/early 1970s, a bunch of kids (maybe 7 or 8 year olds) playing in a schoolyard.

This guy comes along dressed very eccentric (jester or maybe like the childcatcher in Chitty...)

He walks into the schoolyard and puts a gaily wrapped and ribbon bedecked parcel down, then he waves his arms around and walks backwards away and out onto the street.

Dozens of curious kids crowd around this package, leaning over it.
He takes cover behind a building wall as the bomb explodes and then there's a close up of his smirk.

That scene haunts me, anybody recognise it?

Ok - I can't remember any of the plot, just one scene from a film....

Late 1960s/early 1970s, a bunch of kids (maybe 7 or 8 year olds) playing in a schoolyard.

This guy comes along dressed very eccentric (jester or maybe like the childcatcher in Chitty...)

He walks into the schoolyard and puts a gaily wrapped and ribbon bedecked parcel down, then he waves his arms around and walks backwards away and out onto the street.

Dozens of curious kids crowd around this package, leaning over it.
He takes cover behind a building wall as the bomb explodes and then there's a close up of his smirk.

That scene haunts me, anybody recognise it?

Sure it was a film, Danny, and not an episode of a TV show?

Yes! That was it JM, cheers.

face-of-darkness_04.jpg