Looking for title of a film?

My quest is to find the film with this scene. (And I'm already breaking the rules because it's not SF/F, but it's been bugging me for years :()

It's at the end of the film, the bad guys have all been killed or caught. The main (or secondary) character, a cop, goes into a drug store which is being robbed, and he ends up getting shot and killed. I think it was the birth of the cliche he was 'two days away from retirement'.
I thought it might have been one of the Lethal Weapon films, but I can't find any mention of the scene.
I think it was probably an 80s film, but could have been late 70s or even early 90s

Over to you, good people...

Here is one that has bugged me for years. I think I saw it on the television in the 1980. Possibly Channel 4. It was a foreign language film and from what I remember was the life story of one man. The start of the film was silent though the film was shot well into the sound era. The first sequences told the story of the birth and childhood? of our hero. And then there was an Inter-title card that said something like "1927 Talking Movies Arrive" and the rest of the film has recorded dialogue.
All I can remember scene wise is a moment when our protagonist, who is incredibly rich, takes his dog for a walk. There is a long circular drive outside his châteaux. (With a fountain?) He gets into his chauffeur-driven Rolls Royce(?) puts his hand out the window and the dog lead is handed to him by a footman. A very small dog is attached to the other end. The car drives off slowly, the dog trotting alongside. They drive all the way round the circular driveway and back to the original position and the man gets out and walks back into the house. I think it was one locked-off, static shot with no jump cuts and it took forever - and I remember thinking it was the funniest thing I has seen in ages. Very Buster Keaton like. (But NOT Keaton)

I remember a strangely erotic shot of his exquisitely beautiful shoes being unlaced very slowly.

I think it was a Riches to Rags Finding True Happiness story. Our hero may have taken to the stage.

I have been looking (on and off) for years for this.

Looking for a movie I bought from the SCIENCE FICTION book club on VHS.

IT'S ABOUT A family of 4, they are fisherman and because of global warming decide to go North .They travel in an old Station wagon. They eventually go to Canada. Can't remember title.

It's at the end of the film, the bad guys have all been killed or caught. The main (or secondary) character, a cop, goes into a drug store which is being robbed, and he ends up getting shot and killed.

It's not Bad Lieutenant, is it? That doesn't quite end like that, but it does have the pretty arbitrary death of an important cop at the very end.

Looking for a movie I bought from the SCIENCE FICTION book club on VHS.

IT'S ABOUT A family of 4, they are fisherman and because of global warming decide to go North .They travel in an old Station wagon. They eventually go to Canada. Can't remember title.

Do you have a date for when you bought it? VHS would imply this was a few years ago. Having a cut off date would help.

It's not Bad Lieutenant, is it? That doesn't quite end like that, but it does have the pretty arbitrary death of an important cop at the very end.
It could be. I've definitely seen the film, but I'd have to watch it again to be sure. I do have the memory that the cop was only a couple of days away from retirement, but could be confusing the two

My quest is to find the film with this scene. (And I'm already breaking the rules because it's not SF/F, but it's been bugging me for years :()

It's at the end of the film, the bad guys have all been killed or caught. The main (or secondary) character, a cop, goes into a drug store which is being robbed, and he ends up getting shot and killed. I think it was the birth of the cliche he was 'two days away from retirement'.
I thought it might have been one of the Lethal Weapon films, but I can't find any mention of the scene.
I think it was probably an 80s film, but could have been late 70s or even early 90s

Over to you, good people...
Probably not the one you're thinking of since it's a much older film, but as far as I know it's one of if not the earliest movie using the "2 days from retirement" trope: Central Park (1932). It has the main guy, a police officer, shot and killed by an armed robber. I am not 100% sure it happens in a drugstore... It could be a restaurant.

Probably not the one you're thinking of since it's a much older film, but as far as I know it's one of if not the earliest movie using the "2 days from retirement" trope: Central Park (1932). It has the main guy, a police officer, shot and killed by an armed robber. I am not 100% sure it happens in a drugstore... It could be a restaurant.
Yeah, a bit too early. My recollection is a colour film.

Thanks anyway

Edit
I've been through this Trope and nothing matches

The movie I've been trying to remember has been bugging me the past few days. If I recall it must've been made in the 2000s to 2019ish. It was a post apocalyptic movie. I just remember the ending which had a female research scientist with blonde hair. She was at Greenland I believe amongst a vast field. But as I remember there are pockets of ice among the green field. I hope someone can help.

I've been thinking of a fantasy adventure movie I saw on TV in childhood, which would make it 1980's or earlier. It seems along the lines of Gulliver's Travels or Around the World in 80 Days.

A young man was held captive as a "guest" in the home of another man who made him drink something each night. He plans to leave in the morning. But each morning he wakes up with a new fingerprick on a different finger, and begins to realize he must be spending many days there, not just one. He realizes a repeating pattern, and doesn't remember what happens to him after he drinks what his host gives him. One night he only pretended to drink what was offered, so he could see what was happening. He was sent through a magic mirror into other places. He eventually returned to his host with an army of elephants.

I might be mixing up different movies, but it seems like there was also a floating island that was eventually rejoined to the continent it broke off from.

Was that not the original Dr Dolittle with Rex Harrison?
You are right (and I also was mixing up movies). I just rewatched the 1967 Dr. Dolittle and probably enjoyed it as much as when I was very young, even with all its silliness. It's funny how memories work. How do I remember the floating island joining the continent so vividly, but forgot the Great Pink Sea Snail and the Lunar Moth?

I'm still wondering about the first movie. It is definately different.

Looking for title of TV SHOW SWEDEN Female Blonde Detective with two daughters. Police procedural. Island?

My brother remembers a movie he saw as a kid where there is a volcanic disaster and a second moon shoots into the sky from a volcanic eruption. Does anyone know the title?

My brother remembers a movie he saw as a kid where there is a volcanic disaster and a second moon shoots into the sky from a volcanic eruption. Does anyone know the title?

That sounds like the end of Crack in the World. An experiment to drill into the Earth's core sets off the tearing apart of the planet. Of course, it's stopped just in time by the good guys, but a chunk of the Earth does go off into the sky, making a second Moon. Not a bad movie.

. . . barely escape the test site in time to observe the fiery birth of a second moon. Its release stops the crack, and the Earth survives.