DISCUSSION THREAD -- December 2021 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

Thank you, pH, thank you, Dan!

We're all the pippee many more times than we triumphantly pip in these Challenges... I'll admit one is better than the other. But both can inspire us in future Challenges. :)

Congratulations, Cat's Cradle! It's a fantastic story.

Thank you to DF17 and Shiftless for giving my story your votes, and thanks to BT Jones, Hugh, Cat's Cradle, johnnyjet, and chrispenycate for giving it a mention.

I thought I'd let the dust settle on my entry before I posted anything about it; no one likes a gloater and because I win these every month, I can see how that might grate.

My entry was -- I believe -- understood, but the carols referred to were In the Bleak Midwinter and traditional Catalan carol Fum! Fum! Fum! whose opening line is "Come December Five and Twenty!" Here's a somewhat manic and short version:

As soon as I saw the theme, I knew Bleak Midwinter would be the stimulus for my entry as I love the imagery and I susepct it's my favourite carol.

I loved CC’s. I missed the voting, but if I had voted it would have been for Hostile Takeover by Silverwolf. I think she works awfully hard. Also that story had a lot of similar themes to what I’ve been reading about recently. Very imaginative and well written, too.

Good job Cat’s Cradle!

Back