What are your favorite universes, no descriptions or spoilers!

I like Brandon Sanderson's 'Cosmere'. I love how each planet has its own unique and well fleshed out magic system, yet all are intrinsically linked.

only 1632 and 1633...
there was a serious tragic drop in quality after that. 1634 was a big drop from great to "ok" and then after that, it was horrendous...
1636: The Kremlin Games is rather interesting in demonstrating techno-culture conflict.

"How can gravity be serious?"

Aristotle said it wasn't.

hey everyone :) how are you all :)

Mine are The X Men and Doctor Who Universes :)

Regards - Declan Sargent

I can't help but be consumed with a murderous rage when I think of Firefly getting cancelled.

I was late to the party, I had heard about this show called firefly, but never got around to watching it.

Then one day, I'm looking that discount bin at Frye's Electronics and I see the entire season for just $15 so I buy it. Take it home, and I binge watched it so hard I was late for work the next morning. After work I rushed back home and continued my marathon then finished and immediately went to Amazon.com to buy the next season. But the next season wasn't available. Why? What the hell? I searched the net and I saw posts like "Firefly cancelled, no season 2, will it be renewed??? etc etc" and my mind could not accept that a show so phenomenal could be cancelled.

Talk about a travesty of justice.

If I ever developed the means to jump across parallel Earths, I would go to one in which Firefly was not cancelled just so I could see the wonderful story play out the way it should have...

Browncoats forever!!!!
You do know they came back and did a movie, right? There is also a very funny derivative series called Con Man wherein Mal and Josh (I forget their real names) portray fictional versions of themselves going to cons. My own appreciation of Firefly/Serenity, video above, short essay below:

I join others with Banks's Culture at the top:

Banks's Culture
Hamilton's Commonwealth
Asher's Polity
Pratchett's Discworld

Asimov galactic universe which includes the foundation and the Robots series.
DR. Who’s universe
Marvel Universe

Appreciate many of the already mentioned.
Also:
Laundry Files - Charles Stross
Dresden Files - Jim Butcher
Old Man's War & Interdependency Universe - John Scalzi
The First Law series - Joe Abercrombie
Eight Worlds - John Varley
Zones of Thought - Vernor Vinge

And already mentioned, but repeated due to particular affection::
Discworld - Pratchett
Known Space - by Niven
Uplift - Brin (particularly the first 3)

I also like some lighter stuff:
Rivers of London - Ben Aaronovitch
Mercyverse & Alpha & Omega - Patricia Briggs

Last edited: