What are your favorite universes, no descriptions or spoilers!

asp3

Silly con valley guy
I've searched for a similar thread but didn't find one. My goal is to find some other universes that I haven't sampled to see if I enjoy them as well. So it would be great if you listed all of your favorites even if they've already been mentioned. That way if I find someone who likes a lot of the same universes I've enjoyed I can see what else they've enjoyed that I haven't experienced yet.

I'm wondering what everyone's favorite universes. The can come from any source, a novel, a series, film, TV, short story, etc...

Off the top of my head here are a few of mine:

John Varley - Gaea series universe
David Brin - Uplift universe
William Gibson - Neuromancer universe
John Barnes - Thousand Cultures universe
David Brin - Kiln People universe
John Varley - Thunder and Lightning series

A broad question with a lot of choice in answers.

Books - Iain M. Banks's Culture.
TV - Babylon 5.
Film - Star Wars
Comics - 2000 AD. Many to choose from, but i think Rogue Trooper was my favourite.

Dune Universe - Frank Herbert
Culture Universe - Iain M. Banks.
Foundation Universe - Isaac Asimov
Neuromancer Universe - William Gibson
Star Trek Universe
2000AD - Tough choice between Dredd and Strontium Dogs.
Blade Runner Universe
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Universe - Douglas Adams
Known Space - Larry Niven
Grand Tour - Ben Bova

I'd go for either The Player of Games or Consider Phlebas to begin with. They're both good introductory books.

Ever tried the Mass Effect series? It started as a video game franchise but has branched out into other media such as comics and novels. The games are spectacular, some of the best thoughtfully crafted scifi out there with memorable characters. And though I have yet to read the literature, I've heard it's quite good.

Firefly/Serenity 'Verse - I just think there was so much left to come out of it.

Sir Terry Pratchett's Discworld
and
David Gemmel's Drenai world.

Firefly/Serenity 'Verse - I just think there was so much left to come out of it.
I can't help but be consumed with a murderous rage when I think of Firefly getting cancelled.

I was late to the party, I had heard about this show called firefly, but never got around to watching it.

Then one day, I'm looking that discount bin at Frye's Electronics and I see the entire season for just $15 so I buy it. Take it home, and I binge watched it so hard I was late for work the next morning. After work I rushed back home and continued my marathon then finished and immediately went to Amazon.com to buy the next season. But the next season wasn't available. Why? What the hell? I searched the net and I saw posts like "Firefly cancelled, no season 2, will it be renewed??? etc etc" and my mind could not accept that a show so phenomenal could be cancelled.

Talk about a travesty of justice.

If I ever developed the means to jump across parallel Earths, I would go to one in which Firefly was not cancelled just so I could see the wonderful story play out the way it should have...

Browncoats forever!!!!