So Bad Its Good, Science Fiction, Fantasy And Horror

Picture in your mind the most insane possible story that could be contained in a book named Steampunk Palin. Go ahead, take ten seconds or so to imagine it perfectly in your mind's eye. Use this cover image for help.​
Got it? Good.​
You're wrong. You're absolutely wrong. It's at least ten times more insane than that. ...​
goodbadgraph.gif

Steam Punk Palin the movie ? Id pay money to se that.:D

Less "so bad it's good" and more "guilty pleasure", i watched a movie called White Space a few months ago which was a retelling of Moby Dick, but in space. I was expecting all forms of terribleness, but it turned out to be a pretty enjoyable film.

Less "so bad it's good" and more "guilty pleasure", i watched a movie called White Space a few months ago which was a retelling of Moby Dick, but in space. I was expecting all forms of terribleness, but it turned out to be a pretty enjoyable film.

There is a animated feature film you might want to check out Pinocchio in Outer Space 1964. The animation is surprisingly good and the film is very entertaining stuff. There s a giant mutant space Whale which attacks space ships. :D

I think I got three minutes into that. I gave up halfway through the cardboard cut-out leftish female ecologist and grizzled "shoot first don't bother asking any questions at all" gun-toting captain (destined to be shagging like bunnies by the end credits) had got through their "snarling at each other because they detested each other on sight" ritual.

This one is my guilty pleasure. I'm going to have to ask my ex if he can get the file converted to CD for me. It should be bad because not only does he have two self-inserts, but he goes into his personal gripes like firefly being cancelled and how much he hates that his last name sounds like Korea. Adam Baldwin does do a great manatee impression.

The Adventures of Tom Stranger, Interdimensional Insurance Agent​

By: Larry Correia
Narrated by: Adam Baldwin

Publisher's Summary​

Have you ever seen a planet invaded by rampaging space mutants from another dimension or Nazi dinosaurs from the future?
Don't let this happen to you!
Rifts happen, so you should be ready when universes collide. A policy with Stranger & Stranger can cover all of your interdimensional insurance needs. Rated "Number One in Customer Satisfaction" for three years running, no claim is too big or too weird for Tom Stranger to handle.
But now Tom faces his greatest challenge yet. Despite being assigned the wrong - and woefully inadequate - intern, Tom must still provide quality customer service to multiple alternate Earths, all while battling tentacle monsters, legions of the damned, an evil call center in Nebraska, and his archnemesis, Jeff Conundrum. Armed with his Combat Wombat and a sense of fair play, can Tom survive? And will Jimmy the Intern ever discover his inner insurance agent?
It's time to kick ass and adjust claims.
Adam Baldwin (Firefly, Chuck) performs Larry Correia's madcap interdimensional tale of underwriting and space travel, where the only thing scarier than tentacle monsters is a high deductible.
©2016 Larry Correia (P)2016 Audible, Inc.

My personal, private So Bad They are Good films are those directed by Richard Driscoll. His films really are something else. A real British Ed Wood he spent time in jail for tax fraud after juggling the books on his budget a bit to vigorously. Constructing a filmography for him is a little complex (and beyond me) as he often ran out of money before finishing a film then started again later with different cast members and a rewritten script that incorporated already shot footage. He also seems to have not been totally scrupulous about paying people or getting the rights to things - one film has at least two versions: one of which has Daryl Hannah in - the other doesn't. (Though if you watch carefully she's in it for one frame where one of her scenes is trimmed a little too close to the start of a fade.) That film: Highway to Hell or Eldorado also stars David Carradine, Michael Madsen, Brigitte Nielsen, Kerry Washington, Jeff Fahey, Steve Guttenberg, Peter O'Toole, Sylvester McCoy, Rik Mayall, Robin Askwith, Caroline Monro and Oliver Tobias. And it's a musical.

Another of his films that seem to exist in two versions is The Raven one version has Christopher Walken in it - the other not. Any director who can cast Rik Mayall and Norman Wisdom in a horror film (as the same character) is well worth checking out

Like Orson Welles though his masterpiece is his first film The Comic: My IMDb Review:

Further to my post about Richard Driscoll further up thread: if anyone tempted to go look further into his works I should point out that his any bios / filmographies you find have become hopelessly entangled with another British actor called Richard Driscoll - to the point that the IMDb listing for my Richard Driscoll (the hopelessly crap director) has the potted biography of the OTHER Richard Driscoll (famous for being Rev Alex Healy in Eastenders for 150 or so episodes) at the top of the page. A bio in which it specifically says that he is NOT the other Richard Driscoll. Followed by listings mashing up both their careers.

Back