So Bad Its Good, Science Fiction, Fantasy And Horror

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
This cover films , books, graphic novels and comic and games ect. Bad, but has entertainment value and is endearing in some way shape or form. :)

I read two series back in the 80s/90s, Deathlands and Doomsday Warrior. They were both over the top, especially Doomsday Warrior but very entertaining.

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
Both the Graphic Novel and the RPG. Completely bonkers but very enjoyable.
I'm sure there was a table top battle version of the RPG.
I can remember Matchbox cars strafing a horde of Natural History Museum models dinosaurs.

Hawk the Slayer
Battle beyond the stars
Krull
Bilbo Bagshot:
I was like you once. Blonde hair. Scraggly little beard. Childlike ears. Full of beans, and spunk. I let my principles get in the way of things. I punched a bloke in the face once for saying Hawk the Slayer was rubbish.

Tim:
Good for you.

Bilbo Bagshot:
Yeah, thanks. But that's not the point, Tim. The point is I was defending the fantasy genre with terminal intensity, when what I should have said was "Dad, you're right - but let's give Krull a try, and we'll discuss it later."

I read two series back in the 80s/90s, Deathlands and Doomsday Warrior. They were both over the top, especially Doomsday Warrior but very entertaining.

They did a Deathlands movie some years back Deathlands Homeward Bound back in 2003. :)

Picture in your mind the most insane possible story that could be contained in a book named Steampunk Palin. Go ahead, take ten seconds or so to imagine it perfectly in your mind's eye. Use this cover image for help.​
1.jpg
Got it? Good.​
You're wrong. You're absolutely wrong. It's at least ten times more insane than that. ...​
goodbadgraph.gif

I watched Space truckers a couple of months ago and I had to laugh in a few places due to it being so poor and i'll admit to enjoying it (although I'll not watch it again). I think there are a few of the 80's movies that fall into this category. (Battle Beyond the Stars and Critters come immediately to mind.)

I still like Stallone's Judge Dredd despite the negativity it receives.

Laserblast 1977 This is a textbook example of how not make a science fiction film . The best actors in this film were two stop motion dinosaur like aliens who actually demonstrated more acting range than the rest of the cast. That said , this film is a positive joy to watch.:D

The Ice Pirates 1984. Action adventure comedy science fiction film and, a total cheese soufflé of bad acting, tropes and cliches galore combined with low rent production values . You can see that the actors involved had fun making this film . It's lots of fun to watch and rewatch. :D

Last edited:
Picture in your mind the most insane possible story that could be contained in a book named Steampunk Palin. Go ahead, take ten seconds or so to imagine it perfectly in your mind's eye. Use this cover image for help.​
Got it? Good.​
You're wrong. You're absolutely wrong. It's at least ten times more insane than that. ...​
goodbadgraph.gif
Interesting. Lady Mechanika has been on my list for a while now. Gonna read this one too :p

The Terrornuats 1967 . British made science fiction film On a distant alien space station/starfort a lone robot which looks like stylized lamp stand , desperately looks for someone to man the station and repeal an attack by marauding alien missiles . So , it kidnaps several people from earth(where else? ) " to man the weapons and repel and defeat the marauding mussels . In terms of production values and special effects, this one is decidedly low rent , not good science fiction by any definition of good and, is a bit silly and over the top but, it's entertaining stuff .:)

Highlander II - The Quickening.

Roger Ebart:
This movie has to be seen to be believed. On the other hand, maybe that's too high a price to pay. "Highlander 2: The Quickening" is the most hilariously incomprehensible movie I've seen in many a long day - a movie almost awesome in its badness. Wherever science fiction fans gather, in decades and generations to come, this film will be remembered in hushed tones as one of the immortal low points of the genre.

The Creeping Terror
It’s so bad I just had to go and buy a copy on DVD

P.S. Chivalry is dead in this trailer…notice how the guy takes off and leaves the poor, bikini clad girl to her fate:D

The Creeping Terror
It’s so bad I just had to go and buy a copy on DVD

P.S. Chivalry is dead in this trailer…notice how the guy takes off and leaves the poor, bikini clad girl to her fate:D

This was the film that in which they lost almost the entire sound track to and, because money was so tight in this cheaply made film , they couldn't afford to redo it so, they put in a narrator . As for alien creature , It didn't inspire the movie Alien in any way, shape or form.:D

Its atrocious film but , is entertainingly so .:)

Quark . a Comedy science fiction series about ad interstellar garbage man and his eccentric crew . Lasted eight episodes bad , but funny and I wish the network had given this one a chance.

Last edited:

Less 'so bad it's good', more a case of 'so bad it's unbelievable'.

I think what's worst is that it took one of the best movies of all time and somehow managed to not only mess itself up, but also make most of what happened in the original movie irrelevant/wrong. The best thing with this movie is to pretend that it never happened at all.

As far as editing is concerned, the original Alien III was (for some reason) edited in a way to make it illogical and feel like a whole chunk had been removed from the movie (which it had). I can't understand how anyone could have passed this film for a cinema release it in the way that it was. Having watched the director's cut (ie the complete 'proper' movie that should have been released in the first place) it all makes sense, and is a really good film.

Got it? Good.​
goodbadgraph.gif
There’s no way that’s real. It can’t be.

I once read a pretty bad indie. I won’t say what it was. But I rated it 5 stars and left a review.

It was an urban fantasy, kind of an attack against megalomaniacs and also I suspect, Richard Dawkins. I loved the action and the western setting, and incorporating awesome dragons with shotguns. Basically the dragons were a superior race to the humans, and in the ancient days of lore people who rode them were outlaws. In the present tense of the book, nobody could control them. Well, except for one guy.

I’ve read quite a few indie and a lot of them were bad. Still enjoyed reading them, though. I tried to read the sequel but I just couldn’t.

Back