7.04 Fear the Walking Dead - Breath With Me

ctg

weaver of the unseen
hmwZRpK.jpg

Against the advice of the group, Sarah searches for Wendell, and in the process encounters a dangerous survivor who forces her to take part in a search of his own.

For your information I came to this episode biased after glancing the Den-of-Geek article. I didn't read it fully, but I saw the score and I thought oh dear, not again. The IMdb 7.5 score is more promising. Thing is, with both shows we have seen a wide fluctuation in the quality, where the norm is generally good, but we can't talk about either one being a full horror show.

Maybe that is utopistic thinking because there are always people who don't get it and in the overall scope, classing Fear or TWD as horror would be wrong. They aren't full blown zombie shows either as we've seen some episodes, where the producers almost forgot the Dead.

Nevertheless, I cannot recall another episode in recent history that has been full Sarah centric. Mo Collins is an amazing actress, but internally she must have been feeling it too when her stuff had ended on cutting room floor. Wendell probably more so because the wheelchair always causes problems. So, now I'm eager to find out where it all leads.

1xe7jNa.jpg

They are alive. Thanks Helicopter People. I wasn't so sure it would happen as being in one, when the blasts goes off is a bad place to be. Especially with a senile old man, because panic with them is completely different ballgame and in the way Daniel is it would be a mercy to put him down.

It might sound harsh but Sarah's impact related injury, knocked out for two days is the best case scenario, when the reality could have been much, much worse. Wendell missing is normal thing.

Sarah going nuts is same case. Anyone in her shoes, after caring for the man for so long would raise hell, hoping for him to be alive. You simply just can't turn off that mode. And I love that she didn't give up but instead went there, everyday, hoping.

What surprised me was finding Emile's brother at Sarah's lookout spot. A bloodhound is good tracker, but can it track a wheelchair? I doubt it.

Why? Well, even though it's human operated, it's still machine with human sitting in it. Emile's brother said that Dead can cover 36 miles per day. With a wheelchair you can do same and better, if you have food and proper person manning it.

GPckBnJ.jpg

A bounty hunter with morals. What is the point of burying them? Sarah argued well on those morals, with him driving around with a dead man's head in the box. Not that they couldn't get very far into the argument, before the Masked Guy turned up with a catcher wagon full of Dead.

"I got my orders to spread them around?" A Dead Man Delivery Service ltd. :giggle:

Who are these people, for having barns full Dead as if they are really into the logistic business. As as if this all an internal AMC joke. So should we treat this show as a macabre comedy? In places it certainly is so, but for the bounty hunter to question Sarah losing her mind after find Wendell's chair in the logistic centre was a low blow.

Man, does he not get the grief?

When a close one dies, you do stupid stuff. Stuff that sometimes you wouldn't think you'd do, but you do it anyway, because of the pain. He claimed that he'd been a park ranger for fifteen years before the outbreak, but he still has problems on reading the people.

It is interesting because he had a connection to his brother and he felt the passing. He should know and understand how it is when you lose a loved one. It is hard.

z1an0KK.jpg

Man, what a twist. Morgan vs the bounty hunter/ranger. This was much better confrontation
and a very good fight, then the one I had in my mind. I feel sorry for the dog. What I don't get is why Jociel felt that he needed to put the dog down, when we haven't seen undead varieties.

The last twist with Wendell being at Victor tower, I didn't believed it. I thought that Victor was lying, but Sarah made a right choice but not going with Victor to the darker side of the Walking Dead.

Also the last scene with Masked Guys reminds me of Fallout cultists, the crazy ones.

I wasn't crying, there was something in my eye, poor Rufus. I don't think he was scared of him turning, think it was more him not being able to survive his injury.
Now I'm worried they may kill of Dog.

I liked this episode, it is likely Strand does have Wendell. When he finds out Charlie is alive will he attempt to take her or will he not want her to see what he has become?

When he finds out Charlie is alive will he attempt to take her or will he not want her to see what he has become?
But Victor doesn't know that Charlie is alive. He knows that there is a group of people, he might want to save.

I wasn't crying, there was something in my eye, poor Rufus. I don't think he was scared of him turning, think it was more him not being able to survive his injury.

I see. So it was mercy. Without his nose what kind of life he would have had? By the way did you scream at tellie for him to get away from the box?

I'm finding these new episodes less than satisfying
I realize that they are rounding up the old gang. I think the only major character still missing is Alicia. I wasn't able to find anything about Alycia Debnam-Carey leaving the show, so I assume she'll reappear soon.
So, then what? Morgan leads the whole troop in an assault on Victor Tower (I like that name, @ctg) to rescue June, John Sr. and Wendell? Following the standing show pattern, that would result in the destruction of the refuge and yet another search for sanctuary. That's become a threadbare narrative.
classing Fear or TWD as horror would be wrong. They aren't full blown zombie shows either as we've seen some episodes, where the producers almost forgot the Dead.
No, it's a post-apocalyptic survival struggle. The walkers were at the root of the downfall, but now seem more like a nuisance than a horror unless weaponized en masse by survivors. Victor is only the latest to use them as ring of protection around his fortress.
I've wondered how he is getting in and out. Tunnel?
Mo Collins is an amazing actress, but internally she must have been feeling it too when her stuff had ended on cutting room floor.
Most of Sarah's lines seemed melodramatic to me, but that might have been the fault of the writers.
After all her declarations of concern for Wendell, she dropped the quest rather easily when Victor said she get in but not out. I would have found it more convincing if she had gone in with plans to escape with Wendell. Of course, she only had Victor's word (for whatever that's worth) that Wendell was inside.
They are alive. Thanks Helicopter People. I wasn't so sure it would happen as being in one, when the blasts goes off is a bad place to be.
I suspect that the pilot may have been Maggie's love interest, and she been more concerned about saving Maggie than the others. Didn't that helicopter seem a bit smallish to carry so many passengers ahead of an imminent nuclear fireball?
Man, what a twist. Morgan vs the bounty hunter/ranger. This was much better confrontation
and a very good fight, then the one I had in my mind.
Yeah, that much-anticipated epic battle between Morgan and Victor really fizzled into a "ha-ha, nobody gets in or out of my tower without my permission" from Victor. The fight between Josiah and Morgan was better -- right up until Josiah attempted to hold Morgan down while he got his dead brother's angry head out of his box for revenge.
Good grief! Who came up with that idea? Even worse, why make poor Rufus the victim of this idiotic move?
I feel sorry for the dog. What I don't get is why Jociel felt that he needed to put the dog down, when we haven't seen undead varieties.
I can't recall any species other than humans turning into walkers, and like @nixie, I thought the dog's injuries would not have been life-threatening.
Well, at least the poor hound got his beans laced with hot sauce to send him on his way. The empty can made a great grave marker. :rolleyes:
"I got my orders to spread them around?" A Dead Man Delivery Service ltd. :giggle:

Who are these people, for having barns full Dead as if they are really into the logistic business. As as if this all an internal AMC joke.
Maybe this is what's left of Amazon. They're programmed to deliver, no matter what the circumstances.
Wouldn't it make more sense to run a pickup and disposal service for deactivated walkers? It would have saved Josiah a lot of digging.
I can't wait to learn the twisted rationale behind this group, which also seems overjoyed about acquiring a leaky nuclear warhead.

I'm finding these new episodes less than satisfying
I realize that they are rounding up the old gang. I think the only major character still missing is Alicia. I wasn't able to find anything about Alycia Debnam-Carey leaving the show, so I assume she'll reappear soon.
You are not the only one. Last season's finale should have been that finale, but it wasn't as AMC keeps hanging on the product, tooth and nail. They are not renewing or refreshing the content as time and again they keep churning around the same topics. It honestly feel repetitious in places.

Morgan leads the whole troop in an assault on Victor Tower (I like that name, @ctg)
I thought Americans would like it as you have all sorts of towers named after pompous villains, often very rich bastards. So "Victor Tower" for victors and Victor's. And some losers.
iu

The walkers were at the root of the downfall, but now seem more like a nuisance than a horror unless weaponized en masse by survivors. Victor is only the latest to use them as ring of protection around his fortress.
I've wondered how he is getting in and out. Tunnel?

Maybe or something similar. Why the Dead didn't notice them having a conversation on the platform, I don't know.

Didn't that helicopter seem a bit smallish to carry so many passengers ahead of an imminent nuclear fireball?
If you remember recent Afganistan withdrawal, one of the military cargo planes were stacked with over five hundred people. It struggled to take off and to do landing, but it made the trip. Same thing goes for the Vietnam operation. Bell H1 can take fifteen guys and still lift. So it has some ooomph under the hood. No bigs.

Maybe this is what's left of Amazon. They're programmed to deliver, no matter what the circumstances.
ROFL ... fair enough.

Wouldn't it make more sense to run a pickup and disposal service for deactivated walkers?
Maybe, it's just how can one man get a horde to load at the back in an orderly fashion. I doubt the Dead are listening to those instructions. LOL

"Whaaat? Can't you hear you, have no ears!" :giggle:

It was a filler episode. They wanted to show where everyone had got to, introduce us properly to the brother, continue the Morgan vs. Victor spat, and introduce the dud warhead (Battle for the Planet of the Apes anyone?) which is (from the trailer) going to feature heavily in future episodes. There was too much exposition and character building and not enough happened, but I'll accept that if it is going to take us somewhere else. I get that we can't know about helicopter people and such until the films, but if I was in that group I'd quickly get tired of Althea telling me it was better that I didn't know.