Books in your collection dedicated by the author to you

Must be 30 years since I was there. And just saw it closed down a few years ago.

See Spillers (Records) is still going though.

Poul Anderson signed my first edition Berkeley paperback of The Dark Between The Stars when he visited a local bookstore but it’s not addressed to me. He just signed it. If anyone is interested, he writes his given name like this: Poūl.

Poul Anderson signed my first edition Berkeley paperback of The Dark Between The Stars when he visited a local bookstore but it’s not addressed to me. He just signed it. If anyone is interested, he writes his given name like this: Poūl.
Hmm I see he had Scandinavian parents!

I have a signed and dedicated copy of "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris, which a friend got for me at a signing. It has a sketch of an arm with a huge raised middle-finger, and a post-it note saying he'd got distracted and drawn it whilst talking about politics with my friend. So if I remove the note, it looks like I've been personally flipped off by David Sedaris.

I also have a signed and dedicated hardback of Adrian Tchaikovsky's "Dogs of War" with a sketch of a dog's head. I don't have that many signed books. I don't enjoy stand-alone book signing events, but have got a few signed at conventions where it's a bit more relaxed. There may be a couple more with my name in them, but those two are the standouts.

Cambridge seems to be a frequent stop when authors are doing book signing tours and I've had quite a few signed at various conventions as well so I have quite a lot of them.

I've got signed books by George R.R. Martin, Steven Erikson, Joe Abercombie, Susanna Clarke, Peter F. Hamilton, Ken Macleod, Richard Morgan, China Mieville, Adrian Tchiakovsky, Chris Wooding, Ian McDonald, Peader O'Guilin, Randall Munroe, Leigh Bardugo, Brandon Sanderson, Patrick Rothfuss, Scott Lynch, Ellen Kushner, Pat Cadigan, Anne Leckie, Christopher Priest, Ben Aaronovich and this forum's very own Jo Zebedee.

The one I regret not getting is Iain M. Banks, he did a book signing here, might have been for Surface Detail being released, which I was intending to go to but I got a cold and decided not to express my appreciation of his books by sneezing on him. I thought I'd probably get another chance some day for another book tour but sadly it was not to be :(.

The Ninth Rain by Jen Williams

Also Worldbuilding For Fantasy Fans And Authors by MD Presley where I not only have a dedication in the front, but also in the book and a snarky footnote in my honour.