The Book of Boba Fett - Chapter 1 - Stranger in a Strange Land

Why ANOTHER sand behemoth? Tatooine has sarlaccs and krayt dragons AND NOW THE YMIR/KRAKEN?!? The creature design didn’t fit in the SW universe at all, let alone Tatooine!

There is never enough monsters. Tatoiiene is size of a super earth. There are a lots of places and if the sand dragon is one of them, there has to be others to balance the scale, leaving krayt on top. And I disagree, the creature fitted well within the galaxy and it's not even the weirdest creature in the SW universe.

Well, I wasn't terribly impressed by this. The story was a mess of flashbacks, which felt rather directionless, the action was a bit lacklustre and the main question for me (how does he escape from the Sarlacc Pit?) was answered in a pretty boring fashion. The interesting question of how you run a crime empire that you've just acquired didn't come into it very much. It's going to be tricky to keep Fett - who is basically a villain in the original films - both convincing and sympathetic. I thought it was quite weak compared to The Mandalorian.

Reactions: ctg
It was nice to see them paying homage to Dan Luvisi.

d9refqm-c4888f99-088d-4bfd-8b7e-bdfbcfe38f24.png

I wasn’t overly impressed. It started off well - showing his escape from the Sarlacc- but several parts of the rest I simply did not like.

A small Tusken raider camp and a kid goes off with two prisoners, of which one had just tried to escape? Why? It’s easy to understand the javas. The plunder and steal. What are the tusken doing?
Both the dog thing and the six arm monster felt off.
The twilek representing the mayor speaking perfect English. Why? Can’t an audience be trusted with subtitles?
Ninjas with power shields? Really? Felt completely off. A bunch of random thugs, yes. Ninjas, no.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the season.

With this new thread I get the idea, but where am I supposed to drop the general series info?

Back