DISCUSSION THREAD -- November 2021 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

@Provincial .... Family Man .... Heartfelt thanks is not always the response that the giver wants or expects.

@juelz4sure .... The Lost Flower .... Flowers are also grateful in obvious but often unheard ways.

@worldofmutes .... Easy Listening .... We fill with gratitude when we find someone who is on our wavelength.
*This story sent me to Google more than any story that did not have a foreign language component.

@Phyrebrat .... The Blur .... A haunting story of the sacrifice of love and the moons which hold a message.

I'm in, but *SPOILER ALERT* I've gone rhyming...

Forgive my callous attitude,​
For in exploring "gratitude"​
I've gone for moral turpitude.​
(Something of a platitude,​
Please bear it with some fortitude.)​
But poems of this magnitude​
Require some innate aptitude.​
Alas, my poor ineptitude​
Suggests advanced senectitude.​
So your forgiving latitude​
Will reap my fervent gratitude!​

@Starbeast .... Put a Little Love in Your Heart and the World Will be a Better Place .... When charity keeps giving good things happen.

@M. Robert Gibson .... Kajar and the Ogre .... Sometimes who thanks you is an utter surprise.

@The Judge .... The [Secret] Anthem of the AI Servitors .... Sometimes giving thanks sounds a lot like terrible taunts.
*I think the Judge just got a whole new Cronitude.

Help me; I’ve just thought, ‘oh, I better post my 75 entry before close’ and then see I’ve already posted it a few days ago.

Ageing is a real thing, then.
Wait until you are in your seventh decade and there's no fooling yourself that you are "just as good as you ever were."

@therapist .... Gratitude Day .... Sometimes thanks can end up being rather painful and a lot more like a taunt.

I was really torn between 'Anthem of AI servitors' by @The Judge
and 'Note for Amy' by @Venusian Broon —A very effective use of epistolary.
Ended up voting for the judge. It was too stylish to ignore. Someone please put some music behind it and have a computer sing it. Would make a great theme song for the 'Portal' computer games.

Last edited:
Another vote for for the 'puters national anthem (Anthem of AI servitors by @The Judge ) -loads of great grateful stories, but that one was just too catchy to ignore this time out.
Thanks for all the stories

Back