Trying to track down story about Aliens creating women's fashions so repulsive that men can't have sex with them.

EdwardSebesta

I read it in the 1960s. It is a story where the strategy to wipe out the human race was to create women's fashions so repulsive that men would be unable to have sex with them. It is a typical misogynistic short story of the time. I am unable to remember the title. I need it for a research project.

Can't help you with the story, but I'll move this thread over to Book Search where we keep our most learned members locked up waiting for puzzles like this.

While you're waiting for them to put their collective heads together, have a think if there's anything else about the story you remember, as even the smallest point can be the decisive clue. Also have a look through this list of resources which might help you in your search Book Search Resources

I'm not 100% sure but I think this was a very short Asimov story.

But the man churned them out in vast amounts!
Going to take a lot of skimming through my books

I'm not 100% sure but I think this was a very short Asimov story.

But the man churned them out in vast amounts!
Going to take a lot of skimming through my books
According to a story in ?Analog? magazine, the -reason- Asimov was so prolific was because he had been cloned, and there were 5 or 6 of him running around his estate. One was the public persona, one did scientific research and writing, one mostly science fiction...

I knew I had seen this in an old magazine reviewed on the Galactic Journey website, so I asked the editor, Gideon Marcus, if he remembered it, and he came through with flying colors. Here's his review of the entire issue:

Go down until you see "The Look" by George Henry Smith. You can also click on the words "The August 1966 issue of Galaxy" (in green) to read the issue.

The Look, by George Henry Smith

Women, hare-brained slaves to fashion that they all are, succumb to trends so horrendous that no man can bear to look at them. It’s the plot of a pair of homosexual fashion designers to ensure they have all of mankind to themselves. Or so we’re meant to think. The “twist” is that it’s actually a ploy of Alpha Centaurians to depopulate the Earth.

If we had a negative counterpart to the Galactic Stars, this would win the prize. One star.

Back