Your Halloween reading?

Dave Vicks

I'll probably go with Dean Koontz for reading and George Romero for film.

Maybe a reread of Mysteries of the Worm by Robert Bloch

I've been reading The Women of Weird Tales. I'm only a few pages from finishing the last story, so I may follow it up with some stories from Halloween ed. by Paula Guran.

I might read Paul F.Wilson's Signalz and Last Christmas. (the latest in the Adversary Cycle and Repairman Jack series respectively.)

I've ordered the Ruins Sonata trilogy by Michael John Grist, I'm dithering about getting his later trilogy, Soul Jacker, that features the same characters, however I'll see if the first books are ok before buying more.

I've ordered the Ruins Sonata trilogy by Michael John Grist, I'm dithering about getting his later trilogy, Soul Jacker, that features the same characters, however I'll see if the first books are ok before buying more.

i believe there's a new report out there that would make an excelent halloween reading. i just can say about what in here

I bought a secondhand copy of Ray Bradbury's The Halloween Tree several years ago to read at this time of year, and still haven't touched it. Maybe this year...

He's always a good read no matter the season . :cool:

I bought a secondhand copy of Ray Bradbury's The Halloween Tree several years ago to read at this time of year, and still haven't touched it. Maybe this year...
great book. the only one i really like from him

Have finished the first of Charles Stross's Laundry Files Series, very good, now am about three-quarters through the second one, this one's a bit like James Bond but without James Bond, also very good.
If you want the complete list of the series then go to Wikipedia and enter The Laundry Files, there are nine in total plus a new Post-Laundry trilogy!

Have finished the first of Charles Stross's Laundry Files Series, very good, now am about three-quarters through the second one, this one's a bit like James Bond but without James Bond, also very good.
If you want the complete list of the series then go to Wikipedia and enter The Laundry Files, there are nine in total plus a new Post-Laundry trilogy!
more like 12.. actually the first 8 or 9 are good...for values of good nad personal taste. But then it gets... strange lol

Ray Bradbury for Hallowe'en, M. R. James for Christmastide.

The book The Woman in Black by Susan Hill for either. Not, not, not, not any of the movies except the made for TV one from 1989, but reading is better.

Last edited:
Ray Bradbury for Hallowe'en, M. R. James for Christmastide.

The book The Woman in Black by Susan Hill for either. Not, not, not, not any of the movies except the made for TV one from 1989, but reading is better.
you know, i was going to remark on ghost stories for christmas... until i remembered the book i prefer, chistmas carol by dickens... so... ;)

Almost finished with this:
Image (168).jpg

No turkeys yet.