CLARKESWORLD magazine?

I have reviewed several issues of this magazine for Tangent Online, and the quality is generally high. I would put it on the same level as the major print magazines, more or less. It seems to be on a professional level, while other on-line publications are a little more amateurish.

You can read it for free, so give it a try and see if it's your cup of tea.

Is this magazine any good?
It's a funny question since it's 100% free and all stories are two clicks away from you. :unsure:

For writers, this is a market that people spend years submitting to, and some never get published, even best-selling authors. The readership is big, they pay above market standards and you'd be an instant candidate to win prizes.

For readers, it depends. I'll take it that you don't waste time scanvenging good stories, and I've had ups and downs reading this magazine myself, so I'll name my favorite pieces off the top of my head:

Salvaging Gods, by Jacques Barcia.
The Force Exerted on the Mass of a Body, by Bo Balder.
COMMENTS ON YOUR PROVISIONAL PATENT APPLICATION FOR AN ETERNAL SPIRIT CORE, By Wole Talabi
“REMEMBER THE WASHINGTON,” THEY SAID AS THEY FED THE UGOXLI, By JEFF REYNOLDS
COMMUNIST COMPUTER RAP GOD, By ANDREA KRIZ

I've found it to be one of the better e-zines, with a similar standard to Lightspeed perhaps. Both have mixed contents - some good, some bad - but both are worth a look. I reviewed 4 issues of Clarkesworld this year for Tangent Online, and while they're only my personal opinion at the end of the day, my reviews - which may give you a sense of the magazines - can be found through Tangent's Clarkesworld menu page. You'll see Victoria expertly reviewed several of them also. You can spot her reviews, they're the more nuanced and insightful ones (and have her name on them).