The Expanse Season 6

It is only 6 episodes. Why didn't they go for the normal 10. If feels like they are forcing the narrative.
I have a horrible feeling it's going to sputter and die like GoT.

This is too bad. I'm finally beginning to realize that a lot of the characters and the performances creating them are really memorable and their development has been both believable and profound. I'll hate to see this go. I might just give it another go, later.

I hear that there is a time jump of 30 years in the books which is why they decided to stop here.

I hear that there is a time jump of 30 years in the books which is why they decided to stop here.
Yep, though I doubt if they do do any more they will have that gap of time, which is a shame. I found it nice to have a group of 60 plus folks (even though they were on anti aging meds according to the books.) kicking the lights out, and running rings round the bad guys. Also the final fate of each crew member is actually good and fits, especially Amos...

I agree that the episode 6 of Season 6 put a nice bow on the main story. I liked it a lot. But I'm left with a lot of questions about what's going on in the story line with the "dogs." I'm happy if the story and the series here, and I'll be very happy if they move on.

Last edited:
I didn't understand what Holden did either, but then I haven't read past the first book:
All I can say that in the book it is handled better.
Susan has said this consistently about every complaint made. I guess the TV series just isn't as good as the books (or at least, not as well planned - they didn't really add Clarissa "Peaches" Mao until last season, so her late addition seemed to be quite forced, but surely someone involved with the TV series had read all the books first?)

I've just realised from this thread that there are only 6 episodes in Season 6. I can't believe they are going to round this off in the 2 episodes that I have left to watch. Even just the "resurrection" story developing on Laconia can't possibly conclude that quickly.

Susan has said this consistently about every complaint made. I guess the TV series just isn't as good as the books (or at least, not as well planned - they didn't really add Clarissa "Peaches" Mao until last season, so her late addition seemed to be quite forced, but surely someone involved with the TV series had read all the books first?)

I've just realised from this thread that there are only 6 episodes in Season 6. I can't believe they are going to round this off in the 2 episodes that I have left to watch. Even just the "resurrection" story developing on Laconia can't possibly conclude that quickly.
Yep, the books are a hell of a lot better, very detailed, and I suppose slow, as there is a lot of character development, politics, the various societies, also a number of characters have been omitted, or condensed into others. Losing the Alex character altered the story line a lot, but that was beyond the show's control and rightly done due to the actor's behaviour.

I was actually surprised that they included the events re the children, as this is from a short story called "strange dogs," and the children don't figure in the main books until book 8. As to Clarissa, she is in from book 3 (opening of the ring gates) and her part is a lot stronger.

Dave I would recommend you read the books, as they are not your normal space SF.

One thing they did get right in the series are the lives of the belters, whose society and fate of are at the core of the books.

I liked the last episode. Considering how much they had to wrap up they did well. It was inevitable that they had to leave things out, and the "dog" story didn't make sense to me so they might as well have left all that out IMO.

I'm tempted to read the books now.

I felt a little underwhelmed, but hugely impressed that they managed to largely conclude it. There were so many unanswered questions, the "dogs" story being only one of them. There are huge implications on a planet where people cannot eat the indigenous plants, but if they die they can be re-made as alien life. Isn't that the "retro-metabolism" from Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons? Would the new trade deal actually work after such a long history of acrimony? No one was very sure, and now we'll never find out? Is there a long-term effect from activating the Ring entities?

I just binged the entire series and overall I enjoyed it. Not sure why they even filmed the Laconia bits of they’re not going to continue with the story.

As far as the books go, I‘ve read up to Persepolis Rising and I’m hoping to finish them at some point this year.

This, unfortunately, final season went completely under my resuming series radar.
I thought it matched the quality of the previous seasons, despite being short-changed to six episodes. It could have traveled a little farther along the Laconia "dog" species storyline, which might have been started before Bezos decided the series production costs might push him into poverty.
Time to read the books.

This, unfortunately, final season went completely under my resuming series radar.
I thought it matched the quality of the previous seasons, despite being short-changed to six episodes. It could have traveled a little farther along the Laconia "dog" species storyline, which might have been started before Bezos decided the series production costs might push him into poverty.
Time to read the books.
The whole idea of this series pushing Bezos into poverty is a wonderful piece of irony!