(Found) Robot wears human skin!

Holy Cow

OK so I read this book as a teenager, which means it was around in the 80s.

There is a woman who lives on a space station, she has never seen earth. A man is there and they are lovers. There is also a robot, the robot kills the guy and wears his skin.

That's pretty much all I remember. But the book made an impression on me all those years ago and I'd love to read it again, but I can't remember the title or author!

Thanks for any help.

There is a 1980 film called Saturn 3 starring Kirk Douglas and Farrah Fawcett and Harvey Keitel which sounds very similar to your description.
I dont know if it is based on a novel.

There is a 1980 film called Saturn 3 starring Kirk Douglas and Farrah Fawcett and Harvey Keitel which sounds very similar to your description.
I checked it on imdb.
I don't know who John Barry is but I've heard of Martin Amis.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-02-23-06-15-71_da19c83e453b14198acfc9d98c090cae.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-02-23-06-15-71_da19c83e453b14198acfc9d98c090cae.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 125
yeah it's based on a novel. as for robots in human skin, i could give examples but i do not want to be censured. ... does mr. spock counts?

I started watching that movie. I was soon wondering, "Why did Kirk Douglas participate in this crap?"

Wow you folk are amazing! Yes I read the novelization. As soon as I saw the cover I recognised it even though I had no conscious memory of how it looked. Funny how the mind works!

Thank you all for a great team effort :)
can we get some divine milk ot cheese as thanks holy cow? ;) ;)

Back