DISCUSSION THREAD -- October 2021 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

A lot of fine reads this month, and good choices from Victoria Silverwolf for genre and theme.

Here are my lists:

Longish Shortlist:
JS Wiig, Mon0Zer0, Victoria Silverwolf, WSDuffy, Valtharius, Perpetual Man, marvin

Vote Contenders (there were many this month I could happily have voted for - some great stories this Challenge):
Betok_Haney, nixie, Peter V, Phyrebrat, johnnyjet, sule, The Judge

I voted for Betok_Haney's sweet story of loss and rediscovery. I think we'd all like a camera such as the one in B_H's tale. Great title, too. But again, to my mind there were an awful lot of stories worthy of a vote.

Big thanks to @nixie and @Starbeast for the listings, and I am very grateful to @Betok_Haney and @Wayne Mack for the votes. :)
Best of luck with the voting, all, the rest of the way. Looks to be a close one! CC

I can't decide. I just can't.

I'm sorry!
It's all right, Magrat (oops, spelling, of course) we're quite tolerant toward anybody who hasn't submitted a story and doesn't manage to vote (vert grateful to those that do, of course, such as Fibreglass Cyborg, G.T., and Wayne Mack.

It was a tough vote - why can't we get more mediocre writers - but I've reduced my short list to:- Betok_Haney, JS Wiig, mosaix, Peter V. reddishbird, The Judge and Valtharius, with Betok_Haney getting my vote.

And, as usual, gratitude to Parson and Victoria for the analises . Oh, no real surprise for my lack of mentions, now back to the 300er where I'm hardly advancing either.

Oh, no real surprise for my lack of mentions, now back to the 300er where I'm hardly advancing either.

Bordering on a slap there Chrispy, I'll settle for a gentle nudge. I may not vote for them (at least not this time) but I always enjoy your 75 word sonnets. :)

My vote went to @Betok_Haney .

Shortlisted.
@Starbeast
@mosaix
@Parson

Well done, everyone

My ghostly runners-up are
Forever Sailing a Sea of Stars - @Abernovo
A Word To The Wicked - @paranoid marvin
Something Weird Happening - @Ian Fortytwo
Containment of Evil - @Starbeast
A Change in Focus - @Betok_Haney

And my ghost vote goes to
Doomed to Repeat - @Bren G

It was an interesting round of stories and more so, when I discovered who I vote for. You see, I move the left side of my browser to hide the names of each writer while I read them so there is absolutely no bias involved, and low and behold I picked the person who voted for me! I was in need of humour today so it fit the bill perfectly!

Short List
A Change in Focus - @Betok_Haney - a ghostly photobomb radiates love at ground zero
Looking Past the Present - @Peter V - a heart-warming tale of the love that binds us together
Containment of Evil - @Starbeast - Bringing the Peanuts gang into the future was pure genius! The only thing missing was Bart Simpson's famous admonishment.
In Social Medias Res - @Phyrebrat - social media as divined by a social medium. This story was very clever indeed!

Vote
Not a Yuletide Canticle - @M. Robert Gibson - A humorous behind the scenes look into this classic tale that leaves us with a 'punchy' ending.

I can't decide. I just can't.

I'm sorry!

Tricky month, great selection of hauntings — here's my faves and vote:
Thanks to @Marvin , @Starbeast & @johnnyjet for your votes, to @Hugh , @Elckerlyc , @Provincial , @BT Jones , @WSDuffy & @Betok_Haney for your listings, and as always thanks to @Parson and @Victoria Silverwolf for your comments.

Have a great what's left of Thursday!

Many thanks for the mentions and comments.

Reviewers @Victoria Silverwolf & @Parson keep up the awesomeness.

@Margaret Note Spelling For me it's very difficult to choose, and much easier to write a story. It takes me days to think about a single winner, because of all of the talented people here.

It's nice to be back Starbeast and back at the hard to get right 75 words. Not my turn this month, but there's always next month.

Congratulations to Betok_Haney for the well-deserved win!

I would like to thank Victoria Silverwolf and Hugh for giving my story their vote, as well as johnnyjet, Parson, Provincial, Luiglin, Elckerlyc, and Cat's Cradle for giving it a mention.

Congratulations @Betok_Haney. It was a very good story!

----

For my story I kept going back to what David Weber called "sensor ghosts" which sometimes were actual ships and sometimes were not. And as I started down that road all of sudden humor and "Space Ghost" found their way into my story and sat, and stayed.

Back