Shatner in space (the final frontier)

After spending unknown millions on this space mission the medal presented to our hero by Bezos to Captain Kirk would not clip on to his space suit and caused problems. This was on the BBC this morning but I can't find a link to share showing this - where's Scottie when you need him?

Who said achieving your dreams would be easy?
245944371_618150402524630_5346388100255180923_n.jpg

Having met him at a Star Trek convention and watched his one-man show, I can say that undoubtedly he is one of the most incredible people ont his Earth. So full of life and energy, it's hard to imagine a world without him in it. The same applies to Brian Blessed (who I would have loved to have seen make a similar flight).

"...Shatner was one of four people aboard Jeff Bezos's cucumber-shaped Blue Origin rocket..."

Can I just say that whoever writes for "babylonbee.com" is the only person who thinks Blue Origin is shaped like a cucumber?

"William Shatner: My Trip to Space Filled Me With ‘Overwhelming Sadness’ (EXCLUSIVE)"

I continued my self-guided tour and turned my head to face the other direction, to stare into space. I love the mystery of the universe. I love all the questions that have come to us over thousands of years of exploration and hypotheses. Stars exploding years ago, their light traveling to us years later; black holes absorbing energy; satellites showing us entire galaxies in areas thought to be devoid of matter entirely… all of that has thrilled me for years… but when I looked in the opposite direction, into space, there was no mystery, no majestic awe to behold . . . all I saw was death.

I suspect that very, very few people, if asked who William Shatner is best known for playing would reply ‘Oh, he’s the beloved Boston Legal actor famous for portraying Denny Crane “…
No, indeed. But nonetheless... "Denny Crane!"

I suspect that very, very few people, if asked who William Shatner is best known for playing would reply ‘Oh, he’s the beloved Boston Legal actor famous for portraying Denny Crane “…
Mr. Shatner was also the original Chairman on Iron Chef America (a one episode pilot).

If, however, you read the Comments below the article, you despair about humanity.
Sigh! I think that's true of almost any series of comments. I loved the day when if you wanted to comment you simply talked to yourself and didn't inflect other people with your invective.