Babylon 5 Reboot

Because it wasn't done the way he really wanted.

He doesn't have a new improved idea.

If it pretty much the same story, what is the point? If it isn't, is it really Babylon 5. I would have had my doubts about a remake from someone else but a remake from JMS just seems pointless.

Especially because he struggled so mightily to get it on the air the first time. ---- Hm, maybe that's the point? During the current streaming wars he might have a salable product?

What's the point ? Been there done that , time to movie on.

Why doesn't he just do an entirely new series based in the B5 universe?

Especially because he struggled so mightily to get it on the air the first time. ---- Hm, maybe that's the point? During the current streaming wars he might have a salable product?

It sounds like he going to be doing a retread of the old series. It's not going to be successful.

Don't be so pessimistic. I'll watch it and given that JMS is involved, I'm hopeful that it'll be a good show and respectful to the original.

With the current trend of 10 episodes a season, It'll be interesting to see how quickly it moves along. Looking forward to seeing how they'll redesign the station and the ships (one of B5's great contributions was it's aesthetic.)

I'll probably never see it but I'm not a fan of the reboot. I'm all for new stories extending the known 'verse. But going back with the same characters? Not so much.
For me, no one else can be Delenn, Mollari or G'Kar.

I'll probably never see it but I'm not a fan of the reboot. I'm all for new stories extending the known 'verse. But going back with the same characters? Not so much.
It's even worse with something like Babylon 5 where there are secrets to be revealed.

It's even worse with something like Babylon 5 where there are secrets to be revealed.

If he's going to reboot something he previously did , why not Captain Powers ?

Was just coming to comment on this. :)

Personally, I'm happy to see what might happen - if it goes ahead, it would be like a parallel timeline, as with the Star Trek reboot, allowing for some interesting cross-overs.

However, as with all things TV and film, there are many interesting ideas put out there and very, very few ever get made into something. I'll therefore not hold my breath, and continue to enjoy the original. :)

Damn, after all these years and I finally let it slip out!

I don’t get it. Why rake up the past? It sounds to me like somebody trying to resurrect old glories. The poor spin-offs have shown that Bab5 was a one-time event. JMS might bitterly regret this because a new version might tarnish or even destroy the fine legacy that he already has in place.