Can anyone help?

Magstar

I am desperately trying to remember the name of a book/books that I started reading some time ago. I thought the author was Asimov or Clarke but not sure now. All I can remember is that a guy was visiting several planets and the first I thought maybe was made of ice and the second had a massive ocean with massive waves and there was a devil character. These are from the older time period of the mentioned authors.

Clarke's "Childhoods End" had a devil-like character, but I don't recall visiting other planets.

A couple of slightly more out-there possibilities.

Series in which someone visits several planets, the second is an ocean, and there's a devil figure: The Cosmic Trilogy by CS Lewis.

The description also triggered thoughts of A Voyage to Arcturus by David Lindsay.

Hi,

You sure this isn't even older? Because it sounds a little like the CS Lewis space trilogy The oceans and the devil sound like the second book - Voyage to Venus aka Perelandra. The first book was set on Mars - which was cold - Out of the Silent Planet. And the third one is That Hideus Strength.

Cheers, Greg.

Back