(Found) 2000s Fantasy Series

Tolandruth

I dont remember the title of the book and the characters have names that are super normal. The first book is from the point of view of Sword who lost his name when he took up the mantle of Sword. He trained under the previous sword everyday before picking up the dying mans sword and mantle. The mantle gave him superspeed, fast reflexes and knowledge of every kind of fighting having to do with the sword. In his land there are 5-6 people like this that have similar powers given based on their specialty. One of which is Archerr who has great vision and can hit anything by throwing stuff, but is terrible in hand to hand combat. Another I dont remember the name but his power is heart and can read minds and accelerate healing. I remember reading the first two books. The first being where the characters are introduced and join together to defeat the rising enemy long sense thought defeated. The second shows the champions slowly being killed without an heir and finding one of their own betraying the others for the enemy. I know there were more written but I lost track due to my TBR pile.

Not sure if it’s what you are looking for but this reminded me of Steph Swainston’s books, starting with The Year of Our War, in particular the people with the powers.

It doesn't fit with everything you've said but there are simlarities with the Greatcoats series by Sebastien de Castell, the first of which, Traitor's Blade, was published 2014.

Back