Biography of someone who worked in Mission Control for NASA

AnRoinnUltra

Sci-Fi Seanachaí
Supporter
Apologies, this is probably the wrong section. I'm looking to see if collective Chron knowledge can recommend a biography of a mission control worker (someone like Gene Kranz or similar). Can't seem to find someone who penned one, but I'm doing a rubbish job of searching -any recommendation appreciated.

Not exactly -in- mission control, but very close by: Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
Thanks @PaulMmn , appreciate the reply -am hoping to get hold of something a bit more first hand in the telling but will give it a look.

According to an obit I read about John Hodge who died in May, Gene Kranz did write an autobiography: Failure Is Not An Option and a quick google throws it up.

I thought I read that Hodge himself wrote something, but I've just checked the obit again and I can't see it, but his Wikipedia page refers to a NASA Oral History Project that might be of interest.

Anyhow, you're right, this isn't the right place! Book Search is for books we've read but can't recall the title or author, so I'll move this over to Book Discussion.

Deadly, thanks -that's exactly the job, my Google skill level is low, saw that Oral History project but will leave it on the long finger, the book looks great ...failure is Always an option;)