Do "all" people who like Hobbit and Lord of the Rings like the fantasy genre?

The City of the Singing Flame by Clark Ashton Smith . Smith wrote many great stories. This one is a favorite of mine. :cool:

Abraham Merritt was both a publisher and a writer . He wrote a quite books and tales . His most famous is and most well known is The Moon Pool . Other books by him The Metal Monster, The Dweller in the Mirage , The Ship of Ishtar He was a great writer of fantasy and science fiction and , some his story concepts are simply amazing. He's very much an under-appreciated largely unknown to most modern readers.

Francis Stevens ( Gertrude Barrow Bennet ) great admired by H p Lovecraft writer fantasy and science fiction The Nightmare and Other Tales of Dark Fantasy isa good collection of her stories, The Heads of Cerberus, Claimed are also worth checking out. :)

Last I looked, the Lovecraft being a fan of Stevens thing mightn't actually be true.

Anyway.

It stands to reason that, given LotR's popularity, a vast number of those who like it don't care much for other fantasy, or it would be about ten times more popular than it is.

Personally, I do very much like fantasy. It is my genre of choice and while there is a great deal of it I don't care for, I find Sturgeon's Law convincing enough to believe that'd be the same everywhere - and think the width and breadth of the genre as good a shield against said law as there is going.

Last I looked, the Lovecraft being a fan of Stevens thing mightn't actually be true.

Anyway.

It stands to reason that, given LotR's popularity, a vast number of those who like it don't care much for other fantasy, or it would be about ten times more popular than it is.

Personally, I do very much like fantasy. It is my genre of choice and while there is a great deal of it I don't care for, I find Sturgeon's Law convincing enough to believe that'd be the same everywhere - and think the width and breadth of the genre as good a shield against said law as there is going.

It appears that both , H P Lovecraft and Abraham Merrit both liked Francis Stevens works.