Do "all" people who like Hobbit and Lord of the Rings like the fantasy genre?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
The City of the Singing Flame by Clark Ashton Smith . Smith wrote many great stories. This one is a favorite of mine. :cool:

BAYLOR

Abraham Merritt was both a publisher and a writer . He wrote a quite books and tales . His most famous is and most well known is The Moon Pool . Other books by him The Metal Monster, The Dweller in the Mirage , The Ship of Ishtar He was a great writer of fantasy and science fiction and , some his story concepts are simply amazing. He's very much an under-appreciated largely unknown to most modern readers.

BAYLOR

Francis Stevens ( Gertrude Barrow Bennet ) great admired by H p Lovecraft writer fantasy and science fiction The Nightmare and Other Tales of Dark Fantasy isa good collection of her stories, The Heads of Cerberus, Claimed are also worth checking out. :)

The Big Peat

Darth Buddha
Last I looked, the Lovecraft being a fan of Stevens thing mightn't actually be true.

Anyway.

It stands to reason that, given LotR's popularity, a vast number of those who like it don't care much for other fantasy, or it would be about ten times more popular than it is.

Personally, I do very much like fantasy. It is my genre of choice and while there is a great deal of it I don't care for, I find Sturgeon's Law convincing enough to believe that'd be the same everywhere - and think the width and breadth of the genre as good a shield against said law as there is going.

BAYLOR

Last I looked, the Lovecraft being a fan of Stevens thing mightn't actually be true.

Anyway.

It stands to reason that, given LotR's popularity, a vast number of those who like it don't care much for other fantasy, or it would be about ten times more popular than it is.

Personally, I do very much like fantasy. It is my genre of choice and while there is a great deal of it I don't care for, I find Sturgeon's Law convincing enough to believe that'd be the same everywhere - and think the width and breadth of the genre as good a shield against said law as there is going.

It appears that both , H P Lovecraft and Abraham Merrit both liked Francis Stevens works.