Hellraiser remake.

Phyrebrat

www.beanwriting.com
Supporter
I'm excited to see that this is in the works. I'm a fan of the first two films but it's really nice to see them take this back to Barker's Books of Blood source.

Interesting as I think Hellraiser would do well with a remake. Hopefully it'll put Clive Barker back on the map.

Those Cenobites terrified me.

I think the Cenobites were great, but as sort of anti-heroes, as the real villains are Julia and Frank, and the design of them became iconic and thus less fear-able. I've only seen the first three films and can't recall the plot of the third apart from the very-90s CD-chucker :D. I've never heard anything good about the films 3 onwards.

I wonder if this is successful we might get a better Rawhead Rex, one day, too

Im not really interested in a remake of this.

Very interesting. First time I watched the original Hellraiser I must have been fourteen or fifteen or so, and would've watched it on a late-night showing in my bedroom, and I remember thinking, "what in the name of bloody hell is this?" Terrifying on first viewing, but on subsequent viewings I found the humour in it, and think it flies very close to black comedy.

Would be really interested in a remake.

I can't imagine anyone other than Doug Bradley as Pinhead - it's like Englund and Freddy or Bruce and Ash.

They were trying to get a new Hellraiser off the ground a few years ago and it looked just awful.