Favourite mobile games?

I was playing a version of Catan on my iPhone and iPad but the program seemed to be getting unbelievable rolls at convenient times enough so that it stopped being fun playing it. The rolls seemed to beat the odds of happening in so many different games.

I find mobile games a bit limited and the only strategy games are the free games where you build your base and raid other players. I'm not a fan and i hate that you're constantly being sold something and that makes me really cynical about the entire experience.

That said, I'm playing Star Trek: Fleet command which does share many of those elements (mining and improving your base, etc). The emphasis is more on combat and It's supposed to take five years to complete. It looks pretty good, i think.

Cheers for the recommendation. :)

At the moment am simply playing Summoners War, which is a silly but fun and totally addictive little game where you summon monster characters and develop them to work in teams. Lots of problem solving.

But I'd like to play a more traditional strategy base-building game, though preferably not one where you have to constantly pay to make progress viable.

World of Goo.
I've not much idea what games are available on mobile, but I played World of Goo on Wii and it was superb.

As for strategy games, I saw there was a Civilization mobile game, but I don't know if it's any good. I think there's a well-reviewed Sim City.

I don't really play mobile games - that's why I have a PC and Laptop so I don't have to play on a 3 inch screen.

I played Heartstone the most - it used to be a good game (too much RNG now).

Sometimes I play Fallout Shelter

Mobile games are a good way to kill time such as the journey to town or something, but they are getting more and more complex and can demand quite a bit of time if you get into them.

I recently found Chroniric, which is pretty good. It's a time-travel based, text-adventure-like game, mainly involving coordination/communication between you and another timel-travel agent in the past--with the interesting gimmick that when the other character has to leave for, say, a few hours due to story-related reasons, it really does make you wait the same amount of time to return and continue talking with her. A fun immersion technique. The graphics are great, and so is the story--actually, after some experimentation, I've found I'm primarily interested in games for their story and worldbuilding. And maybe the art. :)

I like Zombie Castaways. Been playing it for quite a few years now on different phones as I've upgraded.
You begin as a zombie and eventually strive to become human.

Screenshot_2022-01-06-21-27-59-65_7ff27b2cde0e8ab3f6a6d71fcffb5c0e.jpg

I recently found Chroniric, which is pretty good. It's a time-travel based, text-adventure-like game, mainly involving coordination/communication between you and another timel-travel agent in the past--with the interesting gimmick that when the other character has to leave for, say, a few hours due to story-related reasons, it really does make you wait the same amount of time to return and continue talking with her. A fun immersion technique. The graphics are great, and so is the story--actually, after some experimentation, I've found I'm primarily interested in games for their story and worldbuilding. And maybe the art. :)
I found two versions of it on my android phone, Chroniric: Time Reapers and Chroniric: Time Traveller

I found two versions of it on my android phone, Chroniric: Time Reapers and Chroniric: Time Traveller
Yup! So far, I've finished Chroniric: Time Traveler, since it seemed to be the first, and now I'm torn between going through it again to find one of the alternate endings or installing the next one. (Storage priority issues mean I can't have both installed at once, unfortunately.)