Favorite complete series binges

asp3

Silly con valley guy
Although I'm hoping people will respond with binges the did for a series the had never watched before I suppose it you've watched some of it before binging that would be OK too.

My personal favorite has been My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. It was an interesting arc and was difficult to watch at times because of the crazy things the main character did. However it was an extremely satisfying binge and I was really sad when we had finished it. We'd watch anywhere between one and three episodes an evening skipping a few evenings from time to time. I love musicals so the musical nature of the show was very enjoyable as well. Some of the songs were hilarious.

Another one we loved was Pushing Daisies. It was only two seasons so it wasn't a huge binge. We loved the hyper-realistic colors and the magical set design. The acting was spot on as well.

I’m new to binge watching. I thought it meant sitting there watching all of something with no breaks apart from the essentials. If taking a few evenings off is still binge watching, perhaps I’ll try it more often.

currently my favourite is Dads Army, which I’m not yet halfway through.

I’m new to binge watching. I thought it meant sitting there watching all of something with no breaks apart from the essentials. If taking a few evenings off is still binge watching, perhaps I’ll try it more often.

currently my favourite is Dads Army, which I’m not yet halfway through.
Some people may have that as their definition of binge watching. For me that wouldn't work because I don't think there is anything on television that I'd want to completely take over my life for a while. My binge watching usually takes place during my normal TV time. However some shows make me either start watching earlier than usual and/or longer than usual if they really draw me in.

My favourite recent binge has been a third viewing of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
I still need to watch Pushing Daisies, but i did adore Wonderfalls.

I'm currently binging Killjoys. I'm hoping to watch season 3 on Sunday.

I want to re-binge Babylon 5 again as it's been far too long.

There are several series I binge: Black Books, The IT Crowd, Red Dwarf. I'm watching Blake's 7 again but I'm trying not to rush through it. I recently watched Moone Boy again.

I need to watch Babylon 5 again myself.

<Cracks nuckles>

All 10 series of Stargate SG-1 (plus the three movies - if you count the first 're-launch' episode)
Then (or intertwining) the 5 series of Stargate Atlantis.

Finally for dessert, Stargate Universe - 2 series.

To me that's a proper binge.

For extra dessert - the full run of Battlestar Galactica (2004 version)

<Cracks nuckles>

All 10 series of Stargate SG-1 (plus the three movies - if you count the first 're-launch' episode)
Then (or intertwining) the 5 series of Stargate Atlantis.

Finally for dessert, Stargate Universe - 2 series.

To me that's a proper binge.

For extra dessert - the full run of Battlestar Galactica (2004 version)
Thank you for showing us the True Path™, @Venusian Broon.

Once, ill with flu and huddled on the sofa under a duvet, I watched the first 24 episodes of Babylon-5 back-to-back (VHS) - hardly counts given some of the above epic hauls.

I did watch all 7 seasons (less a few corrupted episodes) of Star Trek Voyager on a (I'm-sure-it-was-licenced) Chinese import box set, over 2 days while painting.

Fargo series 1
The Killing series 1
The Bridge series 1
In the Line of Duty all series back-to-back

something about well-written detective series with decent cliff- hangers and engaging characters.

also:
Mad Men
The Wire
The Sopranos

crikey, I have done this more than I thought. Looking back, this covers the transition from rented dvds to streaming. A box set binge is not quite the same thing as it was.

I still have to watch the Sopranos. That and Breaking Bad. I'd quite like to do a Star Wars binge, actually.

Bingeing is definitely my favourite way of watching telly.

I binned the TV licence a few years back so now I only do streaming and I only do bingeing. And honestly, I binge. I have a bit of a butterfly brain so I always have something on the TV while I’m doing other things so I’ll often put on series I’ve watched before and go through multiple episodes back to back.

Series that I watch over and over, so the comfort series really:
Peep Show
Fresh Meat
Gilmore Girls
Brooklyn 99
The Office (US)

New series that I binged and really enjoyed:
Schitt’s Creek — not at all as expected and so good!
Flowers — god I absolutely love this, it’s dark and weird but amazing.
After Life — when bingeing this you are literally in heaps of laughter followed immediately by floods of tears. I watched the second series in one sitting and was an utter mess by the end.
Russian Doll — absolutely brilliant and I really recommend this, it’s kind of soft sci-fi but much more character-driven.
Motherland — just basically the trials of juggling parenthood in the modern world, but I really enjoyed it and would love more of it.

Annnnnd currently. For some unknown reason I have got massively into Come Dine with Me, to the point where I’ve gone back to the very beginning in 2007. Currently in 2010 when they’re definitely making more effort to combine people who will grate on each other so I’m finding it a bit more awkward.

Fargo series 1
I’ve always loved Fargo the film, and when I heard they were making a series I was overjoyed. Series 1 is an absolute masterclass.

I adore the US version of The Office and think it's criminally underrated here in the UK.

Have you watch Parks and Rec, HoopyFrood? I loved that series too. I'd also recommend a short series called "Bored to Death". It only lasted for three seasons, but I never see it mentioned anywhere and i thought it was funny and had an unusual premise.

I'm watching the last few episodes of Kim's Convenience and it was surprisingly sweet and funny.

Last edited:
Dead Like Me and Wonderfall are great binge-watches if I'm laid up ill. You can get through them in a day or two.
I regularly go back to The West Wing if there is nothing but crap on TV.

I adore the US version of The Office and think it's criminally underrated here in the UK.

Have you watch Parks and Rec, HoopyFrood? I loved that series too. I'd also recommend a short series called "Bored to Death". It only lasted for three seasons, but I never see it mentioned anywhere and i thought it was funny and had an unusual premise.

I'm watching the last few episodes of Kim's Convenience and it was surprisingly sweet and funny.

The US Office is cracking. Once it gets past the influence of the UK version and becomes its own thing, it's brilliant. Love the ensemble cast.

I have watched Parks and Rec! For some reason I didn't latch onto it as hard as the Office though. Lesley is a delight and I enjoy the varied stories (the "straight to jail" guy, that whole episode was golden :ROFLMAO:) but I'm not as invested in the supporting characters. Might give it another watch one day, though.

Thanks for the recommendation!

That's actually also just reminded me of another of my all-time binge favourites. What We Do in the Shadows. If anyone has seen the film, you'll know it's a comedy-documentary following a group of vampires, and is the work of Taika Waititi, of Thor: Ragnarok fame. They made a TV series following the same premise but different vampires and it's briiillllliannnnt.

I've seen the first series, which i did find amusing, but i didn't warm to that much. Perhaps like the Office, it needs that initial series to be able to move away from its source material. Looking forward to seeing the second though.

Does binge watching have to go all the way? For example, I have the first four series of Red Dwarf, and the first two of Star Trek TNG. should I wait until the later series turn up in my local charity shop, or can these few be enough to count as binge watching?