September Reading Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am reading The 13th Vote by Brendan Gavin, it's my first sci-fi since '98 -3 in and going well so far; it's playing out like a bit of a whodunnit, but on a galactic scale.

The mystwick chronicles, an older kids/young adult fantasy book where music makes magic on audible, and the venice sketchbook by rhys bowen on ebook

I came back to Neon Leviathan by T.R Napper. It's an Aussie short-story collection about cyberpunk futures in Australia. I already read some of them, and I must say it's not too innovative (hard to that with cyberpunk these days), but it explores all of the cyberpunk clichés ever. You can see that Napper really did his homework; it just does everything right. The antipodean English and the "mates" get a little tiresome after a while though.

After reading Foxbat's mention of British Battleships 1919-1945 back in the August reading thread, I too picked up this book and am quite enjoying it. Quite a few really good photos, lots of technical information, and, gosh, was the battlecruiser Tiger a good looking ship.

Today's reading adventure....
Screenshot_20210912-090016.jpg

so, riding the red horse is not my cup of tea lol. greig beck dark side is readable, and jekyll and hyde from simon r green feels way more violent than other books

I'm hoping to start Port of Shadows by Glen Cook this week...it's the only "Black Company" book I haven't read. I say "hoping" because I have it on hold from another library in our system...and a COVID outbreak in one of the warehouses has brought the state's entire courier system to a screeching halt.

it turns out i had already read troll apocalypse by weber. not in the mood to reread. there are few books that i like to reread

forbiden zone is a set for the finale. so just waiting for the finale.

After five months, having long run out of library renewal slots (thankfully there are no fines at the moment) I've finished The Pursuit of Power (Europe 1815-1914) by Richard J Evans. Lord help me, I'm actually thinking of going onto the next one in the Penguin History of Europe series.

After five months, having long run out of library renewal slots (thankfully there are no fines at the moment) I've finished The Pursuit of Power (Europe 1815-1914) by Richard J Evans. Lord help me, I'm actually thinking of going onto the next one in the Penguin History of Europe series.
think how well informed you will be when you get in that time machine

Status
Not open for further replies.