Does Analog accept stories that have already been epublished?

No, they don't, sadly. It's a pro-rate market, and you can assume that they don't accept reprints. And they do say that on their guidelines: "We buy First English Language serial rights plus certain non-exclusive rights explained in our contract."

If you aren't familiar with first rights, read this article.

The only pro-rate markets that buy reprints I can remember off the top of my head are Flash Fiction Online and the Escape Artists Podcasts--and they do it by paying a flat rate of a hundred bucks. Nobody will buy reprints by the same price they pay for originals.

Last edited:
No, they don't, sadly. It's a pro-rate market, and you can assume that they don't accept reprints. And they do say that on their guidelines: "We buy First English Language serial rights plus certain non-exclusive rights explained in our contract."

If you aren't familiar with first rights, read this article.

The only pro-rate markets that buy reprints I can remember off the top of my head are Flash Fiction Online and the Escape Artists Podcasts--and they do it by paying a flat rate of a hundred bucks. Nobody will buy reprints by the same price they pay for originals.
Thanks alexvss. Very helpful.

Back